Resources for Current Students
The Office of Career Services exists to aid law students with the task of finding employment both during school and after graduation. To assist in the job search process, the Office of Career Services offers a wide variety of programs, services, and resources for students.
- Individual Counseling
- Maureen Kieffer: Counsels all JD students enrolled in a Child Law or Public Interest Legal Writing section
- Hollis Hanover: Counsels JD students with last names beginning with A-G
- Sheila Simhan: Counsels JD students with last names beginning with H-O
- Marianne Deagle: Counsels JD students with last names beginning with P-Z
- Kristen Kasperek: Counsels students pursuing LLM and MJ degrees
- To schedule a counseling appointment, log into PEARSON and access the "Appointments" page. Appointments can also be scheduled by calling 312-915-7160, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or stopping by our office, Suite 1301 of the Corboy Law Center.
- Mock Interviews
- If you are preparing for a specific interview, don't forget to set up a mock interview to help polish your interviewing skills. If you are interviewing with a law firm for a law clerk, summer associate, or associate position, set up a mock interview with Marianne Deagle, Sheila Simhan or Hollis Hanover. If you are interviewing with a public interest organization, government agency, or judge, set up a mock interview with Maureen Kieffer.
- Mock interviews can be scheduled via PEARSON or by calling 312-915-7160 or emailing email@example.com.
- Job Postings
- CSO on Facebook
- Diversity Opportunities
- Job Fairs
- CSO Handouts
- Requesting Transcripts