All WJD Sections
Title/s: Legal Writing III (WJD)
Office #: (Law 410, S. 25-28); Sa 9:30am-12:00pm; Locations Vary
Weekend JD (Sat. sections) - Module 1
Note: Module 1 begins with asynchronous content on August 15. See the Legal Writing III Syllabus on your Sakai course for more information.
Required Course Texts (Print and/or digital options are acceptable)
- Mary Beth Beazley, A Practical Guide to Appellate Advocacy (5th ed. 2019).
The 6th edition is scheduled to be published this fall after courses have begun; therefore, this course will use the 5th edition.
- The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (21st ed. 2020).
The following reference is recommended, but not required:
Linda J. Barris, Understanding and Mastering the Bluebook (4th ed. 2020).
- Legal Writing Program Policy Manual. You are responsible for all information included in this manual.
- Legal Writing III Weekend JD Syllabus. You are responsible for all information included in this syllabus.
- A Practical Guide to Appellate Advocacy, Chapter 1 and Section 3.1
- Record on Appeal and Assignment Memo, posted to Sakai
- Submit Student Introduction and Schedule Document to Sakai. You can complete the Student Introduction section with as much information as you choose.