Living up to our commitment to graduate assistants
Loyola’s graduate assistants have significant bearing on the University’s strong academic reputation by helping foster a campus culture rich in scholarship, research, teaching, and mentorship. Accordingly, the University goes to great lengths to offer graduate assistants services and financial aid and development resources that are competitive with offerings at comparable institutions and that are in keeping with Loyola’s Jesuit, Catholic mission, social justice values, and focus on student experience and satisfaction in all that we do.
The University offers graduate assistants a competitive package of services, including:
- Competitive stipends that are benchmarked against other area universities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Travel awards
- Professional development opportunities
The financial aid package for a full graduate assistantship in the Graduate School is valued at around $50,000 per year. By the time a successful doctoral student graduates, Loyola has invested as much as a quarter million dollars in their career.
- Stipend increases; standardized stipends
- Enhanced awards for approved conference travel
- Eliminated the restriction on off-campus employment*
- Updated job descriptions for all graduate assistants, including common expectations for graduate assistants in teaching or research roles
- Added a dental coverage to the student health plan