Retiree Rights and Privileges
Loyola University Chicago recognizes the loyalty and the continuing contribution s of its retired faculty and staff members. Working in collaboration with Faculty Administration, Human Resources, the Provost's Office, and the Office of the Vice President for Health Sciences, Loyola continually seeks to maintain a list of privileges that are available to retired faculty and staff members. The following privileges are granted to any retired faculty or staff member that is at least sixty years of age and has completed ten or more years of continuous full-time service with Loyola University Chicago, immediately prior to their retirement date.
- Eligible retirees may keep their Loyola University Chicago Photo ID.
- Prices and discounts will be extended to eligible reti rees at the campus bookstores, recreation centers, Loyola athletics and cultural events, with Loyola ID.
- Library privileges and access will be extended to eligible retirees, with Loyola ID.
- Annual Invitations will be extended to University events such as Christmas Party, Picnic and Service Day.
- Copies of faculty and staff communications, such as Inside Loyola, will be mailed to your home.
- Tuition benefits will be extended to eligible retired faculty, staff, and their dependent children. (Please consult the tuition benefit policy for more information at: http://www.luc.edu/hr/policytuition.shtml
- Loyola universal computing resources such as access to computing labs and Web access to Outlook email will be extended to eligible retirees UPON REQUEST. (Please complete the Retiree Computing & Confidentiality Agreement.)
- Retirees are eligible to receive a complimentary, one-year membership to the Loyola University Museum of Art. LUMA is dedicated to exploring, promoting, and understanding art and artistic expression that illuminates the enduring spiritual questions of all cultures and societies. LUMA reflects the University's Jesuit identity and is dedicated to helping people of all creeds to explore their faith and spiritual quests. To redeem your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.915.7630