Partners for Business
The lead initiative within this focus area is “RogersEdge.” It is a business improvement initiative led by Loyola’s Department of Campus and Community Planning in partnership with the Rogers Park Business Alliance and the Edgewater Chamber of Commerce that will encourage economic development in the area where Devon Avenue, Sheridan Road, and Broadway Avenue intersect on the city’s north side.
Additional initiatives will include:
- Low cost marketing services through inQbate, Loyola’s student-run integrated marketing and communications agency.
- Streetpole Banners
- Holiday Shopping rebate incentive
- Special Events such as Farmer’s Market, Summer on the Plazas, Polar Palooza and the Granville Arts Fest
- Façade Improvement Incentives for businesses
- Outdoor café areas
- Opportunities to direct market to student body (ex: Ramblin’ Around Guide, Business Showcase in Damen)
- Loyola to offer all-inclusive, shorter-term, license agreements for small retail spaces rather than long term leases
- Tiny Shops help to launch and support local, independently-owned start-ups. The first three will be located in Loyola property at Granada Center:
- All Tiny Shops voluntarily answered the questions of Loyola students on a “retail justice questionnaire” developed by the student government in 2014.