Congratulations on your engagement! Loyola University Chicago is pleased to be able to offer Madonna della Strada Chapel as the location for all Roman Catholic wedding ceremonies. Here is helpful information for those contemplating a wedding in Madonna della Strada Chapel:
- Initial inquiries are made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservations are being taken for the calendar year 2020 and 2021.
- Reservations for 2022 will be taken beginning January 11, 2021.
- At least one of the parties, bride or groom, must be Catholic. We cannot offer wedding ceremonies of other denominations or faiths. The chapel is not available for rent.
- When an MDS Wedding staff member replies to your initial request, please be prepared and patient, there will be a lot of paperwork. We will help make this as easy as possible, but because we are not a parish church, there are a lot of extra steps in order to gain approval for your wedding to be held in Madonna della Strada Chapel.
- Some initial information will need to be completed and your fee paid within 2 weeks of your request.
- Upon receipt of your wedding fee, the contract will be generated and sent to you for your approval.
- A confirmed reservation is contingent upon approval of your wedding from the Archdiocese of Chicago.
- Any annulment proceedings must be cleared before a reservation can be made. This cannot be negotiated.
Download the Wedding Information Packet. This packet has policies and information that must be agreed upon for all weddings in Madonna della Strada Chapel.
We have created the Music and Liturgy Planning Form to help review and select your readings and music. When entering information in the form, it will be sent to Steve and Cookie who will then follow up with you in regard to your wedding.
Steven Betancourt is the chapel music director and will assist you with all music related planning items. You should be in contact with him between 4 and 6 months before your wedding.
Cookie Krupa is the chapel coordinator and will assist you with all liturgy and rehearsal related planning items. You should be in contact with her between 1 and 2 weeks before your wedding.