2022 MMLA Convention
Statement on COVID-19 Health and Safety
The MMLA is dedicated to ensuring to the best of our ability the health and safety of convention participants. To that end, we request that all convention attendees, exhibitors, and visitors affirm the following:
- I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a WHO-approved vaccine.
- I will follow restrictions and recommendations for both the city of Minneapolis and my point of origin, including any testing requirements for individuals traveling to the city of Minneapolis from outside the region.
- I will follow any safety guidelines or restrictions implemented by the MMLA or the meeting venues during the convention.
- I will abide by all guidance and recommendations from the MMLA, the city of Minneapolis, the venue, and the CDC regarding the wearing of masks in public spaces that are in effect at the time of the conference.
- Subject to MMLA and venue guidelines, I will socially distance while in the MMLA event space.
- I agree not to attend the convention if I experience any COVID-19 symptoms (including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, headache, or nausea or vomiting) or learn that I have tested positive for COVID-19. If I begin experiencing such symptoms or learn that I have tested positive for COVID-19 while attending the conference, I will leave the meeting immediately. I also agree not to attend the convention if I learn that I have recently come into close contact (defined as being within six feet for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or longer, over a 24-hour period) with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19. If I learn of such close contact while attending the conference, I agree to leave the meeting immediately.
- I agree to cooperate with any contact tracing efforts in the event I test positive for or am exposed to COVID-19 while attending the conference.
We will continue to monitor information and guidance from national and local authorities and will regularly update you on any amendments we may need to make. Thank you for your help in keeping your fellow attendees and the members of the venue staff safe.
*This material is derived from the “COVID-19 Health and Safety” statement posted on the website for the Modern Language Association’s 2023 convention.