Faculty & Staff Directory
Dr. Jack Hutchens
Title/s: Part-Time Instructor
Office #: CC206
- PH.D. 2016 University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- M.A. 2004 Emporia State University, Emporia, Kansas
- B.A. 1996 Emporia State University, Emporia, Kansas
- Polish Language, Literature, and Culture
- Gender Studies
- Queer Theory
- Nationalism Studies
- Popular Culture
- LITR 280 World Masterpieces: Eyewitness Literature of WWII
- LITR 280 World Masterpieces: Polish Short Stories
- “Julian Stryjkowski: Polish, Jewish, Queer,” Forthcoming in Canadian Slavonic Papers, Spring 2019.
- “Marian Pankowski: Rudolf’s Anti-Nationalist, Anti-Martyrological Project,” Toronto Slavic Quarterly 60, 2017.
- “Transgressions: Palimpsest and the Destruction of Gender and National Borders in Olga Tokarczuk's Dom Dzienny, Dom Nocny.” The Effect of Palimpsest. ed. Bożena Shallcross. Frankfurt: Peter Lang, 2011.
- “Translating the Queer Voice: Problems with Polish Translations of Ginsberg’s ‘America’ and ‘Message.’” Journal of Popular Culture, Volume 40.6, December 2007.