Faculty & Staff Directory
Dr. Olympia Gonzalez
Title/s: Associate Professor
Specialty Area: Spanish Language & Literature
Office #: CC216
- Ph.D., Cornell University
- BA, Florida International University
- BA, University of Miami
- Golden Age Poetry
- Golden Age Drama
- Cuban Poetry
- 20th Century Peninsular Novel
- Spanish Grammar and Composition
- Golden Age Drama
- Generation of 1898
- 20th Century Spanish Drama
- Spanish for Heritage Speakers
- Survey of Spanish Literature (Middle Ages to Present)
- "Juan de Arguijo and the Passions," in Aula Lírica: Magazine on Iberian and Ibero-American Poetry, 4, 2012. http://www.aulalirica.org/numeroiv.pdf
- "To work with love: the folktale in Nada +, by Juan C. Cremata." Hypertext 11, 2010, pp. 74-92. Gonzalez.pdf
- "High Culture and Popular Culture in Perfect Wrong Love: The Intellectual Traps" in Speculo: Electronic Journal of the Dept. of Communications, Autonomous University of Madrid, January 15, 2008.
- "Matter and Object in Georgina Herrera" in Feminine Voices in Contemporary Afro-Cuban Poetry. Ed. Armando González-Pérez. Philadelphia: La Gota de Agua, 2006, pp 211-233.
- "Poetry in the thought of María Zambrano" in María Zambrano. Cultural records of the Cervantes Virtual Center, 2005. http://cvc.cervantes.es/actcult/Zambrano
- "Artifice and power in painting: the courtly vision of Gabriel Bocángel." Proceedings of the XIII Congress of the International Association of Hispanists. Madrid: Castalia, I, 2000, pp 565-570.
- "Food and woman in a poem by Antonio Hurtado de Mendoza." Caliope: Journal of the Society for Renaissance and Baroque Hispanic Poetry. 6, 1-2, 2000, pp 237-250.
- "The self-portrait in the poetry of Octavio Armand and his contemporaries." Hispania, vol 83, Spring 2000, pp. 31-42.
- "The Cuban feminine dramaturgy outside of Cuba" in De las dos orillas: Cuban theater. Heidrun Adler and Adrian Herr, eds. Franckfurt am Main: Vervuert, 1999, pp 157-164.
- "Iraida Iturralde: The sensuality of light," Literary Annals (University of Hawaii), 2, 2, 1998, 150-155.
- Cuban Folktales (A reader for students). Chicago: NTC Publishing Group, 1997, 116 pp.
- Mirtos frescoes and delightful nave: the poetry of Pedro Soto de Rojas. Editorial Origins, Madrid, Spain, 1992, 275 p. Reviewed in Hispania, Vol. 78, # 3, September 1995.
- "From the painting to the look by the painting: Approximation to a few tenths of Severo Sarduy". PuenteLibre (A journal of border literature). Special Issue on Cuban literature. El Paso, Texas, Vol 2, 1-2, Summer 1995, pp 147-151.
- "The Time of Imagination: Orpheus and Music in Winter in Lisbon." Published in Confluence (A journal of Hispanic literature and the arts), Spring, 1995, pp. 42-54.
- "Critical-narrative vision of Julieta Campos," Winter, Feminine Letters, U. of Nebraska, Lincoln, 1994, pp. 107-114.
- "Antonio Munoz Molina: Critics' Prize" in The Literary Review, vol 36, 3, 1993, pp 328-332.
- "The scene of seduction in poems by Pedro Soto de Rojas," Revista Monografica, Spring, 1992, pp. 58-70.
- "Larra: The romantic and the didactic" article published in the collection of essays on English Romanticism: Evocations of Hispanic Romanticism, Editorial Porrúa Turanzas, Madrid, 1988, pp. 113-128.