News and Events
Each year, the MUAPP Program hosts its Practitioner Speaker Series featuring illustrious public policy professionals from around Chicago. Click here to see more about the guest speakers we have lined up for Fall 2018.
A list of past speakers may be found here:
- Spring 2016 Practitioner Series
- Fall 2014 Practitioner Lecture Series
- Fall 2013 Practitioner Lecture Series
- Spring 2012 Practitioner Lecture Series
- Fall 2011 Practitioner Lecture Series
- Spring 2011 Practitioner Lecture Series
- Spring 2010 Practitioner Lecture Series
FALL 2016: On September 14, 2016, we welcomed five MPP graduates for an Alumni Panel. We are so fortunate to have these and so many other alumni working in policy in the City of Chicago and around the country. It affords our students a behind-the-scenes look into a myriad of different professions, and helps them connect what they are learning in the classroom to what they will be doing after they graduate.
- Conor Desmond, J.D./M.P.P, litigation associate for Liston and Tsantilis
- Sebastian Ellefson, co-founder of BallotReady
- Guy Gilbertson, Budget and Policy Analyst for the Department of Budget and Management at the Chicago Park District
- Margaret Hansbrough, Energy Engagement Manager for the Chicago Mayor's Office
- Mary Jo Warskow, Marketing and Outreach Coordinator for Elevate Energy
SPRING 2016: On January 26, we welcomed back three distinguished graduates of the 2013 MPP class as part of an alumni panel. Catherine Turco, Caitlin McElroy, and Evan Phillips shared their perspectives in a panel discussion that was informative and entertaining.
MUAPP Program Newsletters
A few of our recent newsletters are featured below. If you'd like to subscribe to our distribution list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall 2018 MUAPP Newsletter
- Fall 2017 MUAPP Newsletter
- Fall 2016 MUAPP Newsletter
- Spring 2016 MUAPP Newsletter
- Fall 2015 MUAPP Newsletter
University and Graduate School Calendar and Newsletter
Please check this website regularly for department and university news and events.
If you have something that you want to add to this page, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.