Application Requirements and Deadlines
The following supporting documents must be submitted for the MA in Urban Affairs and MPP degree programs. You can submit all materials by applying online through GPEM. All degree programs listed here are found under the College of Continuing and Professional Studies.
- A completed online application form.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate work. Transcripts must verify the completion of a bachelor's degree.
- Three letters of recommendation (usually from referees familiar with the applicant's academic work).
- A 2–3 page statement of purpose describing academic interests, professional goals, and reasons for considering Loyola's MPP or MUA program.
- A current resume.
The following documents are required, in addition to those listed above, for those who may fall into these categories:
- Either a TOEFL or IELTS score report is required for international applicants whose native language is not English.
- International applicants, or US residents who completed school abroad, are required to submit non-US transcripts to Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) for evaluation of credentials. The general evaluation report must show that your non-US education is equivalent to a US bachelor's degree to be considered for admission.
International applicants, and US residents with degrees from institutions outside of the US, see International Students for more details regarding requirements.
JD/MPP Dual Degree Program Applicant Supporting Documents
The supporting documents for the JD/MPP Program applicants are the same for the MA in Urban Affairs and MPP required documents described in the above section. However, the Law School uses a different admission application system. You will need to apply through both the GPEM office for the MPP Program and the School of Law Admissions Office for the JD Program. In the MPP application, you can indicate your LSAT score. Please refer to the JD/MPP Program Overview Brochure for the required and/or additional documents in the Law Program.
Graduate Certificate for Public Affairs and Management Applicant Supporting Documents
The supporting documents for the graduate certificate for public affairs and management are as follows:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
To be considered for funding, the deadline for the fall semester is February 15th. We continue to consider applications through June 30th. The deadline for the spring semester is November 30th.
Apply online for free through the GPEM office for one of the three programs.
Graduate & Professional Enrollment Management
Loyola University Chicago
820 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611