Auditions for Music Major
- Application to the Music Major is a two-part process: an application for admission to the University and application to audition for the major.
- Auditions are not required for the music minor.
- Only students interested in taking applied lessons in piano and voice are required to audition. Auditions for Fall applied lessons will take place at the beginning of the Fall semester. Auditions for Spring applied lessons will take place in November and January.
- Applied Lessons is a one-credit course consisting of individual private lessons, culminating in a juried performance at the end of the semester.
- The Music Program also sponsors jazz, classical, and percussion chamber ensembles, which provide students with performance opportunities.
LUC Concerto-Aria Competition
- Every fall the Music Program hosts the annual Concerto-Aria Competition in which the winner(s) perform at the spring concert with the LUC Symphony Orchestra. The competition is open to all Loyola students enrolled in both Applied Music and a Loyola Ensemble.