For Fall 2021 Applied Auditions are only required for New Students.
About Applied Music
Applied Music is a one-credit course consisting of individual private lessons, culminating in a juried performance at the end of the semester. Additional performance opportunities may include studio recitals, master classes, and the Honors Recital. Click here for a list of the Applied Lessons we offer.
There are two categories of applied lessons:
MUSC 280: Applied Music is a one-credit course consisting of a thirty-minute lesson each week
MUSC 380: Advanced Applied Music is a one-credit course consisting of a sixty-minute lesson each week. To be considered for MUSC 380, a student must be a Music Major and receive permission from the department.
Enrollment in Applied Music is not guaranteed and students will be asked to apply each semester to receive applied instruction. Students whose major or minor require Applied Lessons will be given priority according to the following structure:
- Music Major Students: One 380 and up to two additional 280 each semester (Must submit a separate application for each course)
- Music Minor Students: One 280 each semester
- Musical Theatre Minor Students: One 280 each semester up to four semesters guaranteed (After the four semester cap, students may apply and audition again)
- Non-Music Students: By audition only as space allows (see audition instructions below)
Auditions will be submitted via video and should be submitted with application materials by Friday, August 6, 2021.
|Application and Audition Link||Click Here|
|Application Deadline for New Students||August 6|
|Enrollment status notifications to New Students||August 16|
All new students regardless of major or minor must submit the application with an audition video by the due date to be considered for Applied Lessons.
- The audition video should include a performance of one selection that demonstrates the student's ability. Students can choose a complete piece or an excerpt in any style and there is no requirement of length.
- Video should be uploaded to YouTube, marked "Unlisted", and the URL should be copy/pasted into the online application form.
Instrumentalists: contact Haysun Kang at email@example.com
Vocalists: contact Kirsten Hedegaard at firstname.lastname@example.org