Loyola's deans stay connected with our communities and stakeholders through various channels, such as university events, programming, email, social media, research, the classroom, community collaboration, and more. In this section of our site, we aim to highlight messages from Dean Lorna Finnegan. Check here to stay informed and updated.
Celebrate Nurses Month 2021
Fellow Nurses, Nursing Students and Friends of Nursing - Happy Nurses Month!
National Nurses Week, traditionally celebrated from May 6 to May 12 each year, is now a month-long celebration beginning May 1st! Please join us as we raise awareness for Loyola Nursing – and all of your efforts – during this special month. Read on to discover the many ways to get involved; most need just a few minutes of your time.
On May 11, findings and recommendations from The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity will be released in a special webinar. Click here to register for this important webinar. This landmark document extends the vision for the nursing profession into 2030 and charts a path for the nursing profession to help our nation create a culture of health, reduce health disparities, and improve the health and well-being of the U.S. population in the 21st century.
American Nurses Association’s (ANA’s) tagline for 2021 is You Make a Difference. ANA has defined four themes outlined in the graphic below. We have partnered with social media experts in University Marketing & Communication to develop ways to reveal the power and influence of nursing in connection with the themes.
Please consider participating in the following ways:
- We would like to feature MNSON faculty, students, alumni and friends on our website and social media. Visit this link to answer five short questions, and we will do the rest.
- Do you have a favorite nursing/healthcare quote, statistic, or heartwarming short story? Send it to us! We will generate an awesome graphic and thank you in it.
- We want to continue building our MNSON Facebook & Twitter followers; click these to follow us and enjoy our great content:
- Attend the May 11 webinar on “The Future of Nursing 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity.” Click here to register.
- Attend ANA’s May 19 webinar, titled “Redefining Nursing—Reaffirming Our Practice: Introducing the Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice, Fourth Edition .” Click here for more information.
- Finally, ANA crafted a set of three frames for Facebook profile pictures. Update your pic in four quick steps:
1) Visit facebook.com/profilepicframes.
2) Search “American Nurses Association”.
3) Choose one of the three designs, and shrink/enlarge your pic to fit.
4) Finish by selecting “Use as Profile Picture”
We look forward to featuring our Loyola community during Nurses Month 2021, and encourage you to get involved. Thank you!
Lorna Finnegan, PhD, RN, FNP, FAAN
Dean and Professor
Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
Loyola University Chicago