The Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing Dean’s Council supports the School's mission to graduate caring, skilled and culturally-competent nurses and health care professionals who will lead tomorrow’s health care innovation. At its core, the Dean’s Council provides advocacy, outreach, and philanthropic support to the school. Consisting of alumni donors, business and community leaders, and other friends of the school, the council provides advice, perspective, and direction on such school-related activities as fundraising, strategic initiatives, campaign planning, and community visibility.
The Dean’s Council will:
- engage the community and important friends and alumni in the activities and strategic direction of the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing.
- provide opinions and advice to the Dean on strategic initiatives and direction.
- support the fundraising efforts of the School including targeted fundraising events.
The Dean’s Council serves an essential advisory role in the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing’s strategic direction. The expertise and input of council members are important to the Dean of the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing. Ultimately, the Dean of the School, with the President and CEO of Loyola University Health System and other school leadership, is responsible for decisions impacting the future of the School.
Participation in the Dean’s Council requires membership in the Leadership Society (Nightingale Circle) with an annual gift at a minimum of $1,500 to the School. We hope members of the Board will consider the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing as a top philanthropic priority. The Dean’s Council will meet twice a year. Members will receive an agenda prior to the date of the meeting and, in some cases, will be expected to review sent materials prior to the meeting date in order to participate in strategic discussions.
Management and Support
The Office of Development staff including the assistant dean for development and others as necessary will assist the Dean’s Office in organizing meetings and ensuring that the Dean’s Council has the necessary tools required for participation.
- Wendy J. Barr, PhD, BSN '69, RN
- Marjorie Beyers, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Ann S. Blouin, PhD, MSN '80, RN
- Barbara M. Brodie, PhD
- Katie B. Clarke, PhD, BSN '68, RN, BSN
- William J. Duffy, Jr., JD '92, BSN '80, RN, CNOR
- Mary R. Haack, PhD, BSN '76, RN, FAAN
- Belen B. Jaquez, MN, BSN '63, RN
- Elaine G. Klein, BSN '69, RN
- Judith A. Scully, PhD, BSN '62, RN
- Carolyn H. Smeltzer, EdD '83, MSN '78, RN, FAAN
- Theresa Tse, BSN '75, RN
- Sandra Underwood, PhD, MSN '79, BSN '75, RN, FAAN