Will I be charged extra tuition for the PCCHNS program:
- No! There are no extra tuition or program fees for this program. There are costs associated with the optional service learning "Alternative Spring Break Immersion Program" at the Pine Ridge Indian reservation in South Dakota. Loyola University has had a long relationship with the Pine Ridge reservation and their school of nursing.
How many students will be in this program?
- Depends on what semester you are in.
Nursing is hard! How much extra effort will the program take?
- Each semester program will require the completion assignments and badges, and in addition, there will be experiential learning opportunities, and monthly small group sessions.
Will this program affect my GPA?
- The program is not intended to affect GPA.
Why should I sign up for this program? How will it help me as a future nurse?
- To be the best nurse you can be! Networking, camaraderie, skills, and internships will be available.
- Participation in this program will provide the student with an additional skill set of caring for the underserved and providing care in primary care settings.
How do I add this experience to my resume?
- Since you had to apply and be accepted into the program, list under Honors and Recognition!