Sustainability is part of our mission at Loyola.
Participating in social justice activities will be a big part of your Loyola Experience.
One of the ways social justice comes to life at Loyola is in the area of sustainability. We're constantly striving to reduce our carbon footprint, and you see that right from the start. Here are some of the steps Orientation has taken to have a lighter carbon footprint.
- All print materials mailed to parents and students are printed on recycled paper with soy ink.
- The polos our Orientation Leaders wear are made from sustainable materials.
- Every incoming student will receive a water bottle and be encourage to use it instead of disposable plastic water bottles.
- Many our Orientation sessions will take place in some of our most sustainable and LEED certified buildings including Cuneo Hall and the Information Commons.
- We are eliminating the boxes for our student boxed lunches. Lunch will be served to the students without the additional paper box waste.
Learn more about other actions we're taking to ensure a greener future.