Loyola University Chicago Orientation has begun!
Explore the 2020 Orientation Portal
Review the 2020 Orientation Booklet
Loyola University Chicago Orientation (LUCO) for first-year students is a summer-long online experience comprised of a variety of opportunities to introduce you to academic and student life at Loyola. Over the summer, you will learn about the many resources and opportunities that are available to you, connect with classmates, and receive personalized course recommendations from an academic advisor who will register your in your fall semester classes. Orientation Leaders will share their Loyola Experience with you, answer your questions, and do their best to ensure your smooth transition into the Loyola community!
First-year Orientation will include Online Orientation Kick-Off Events on Friday, June 5 for all new students and their families, a required online Orientation Week (registration required) in June, and online educational, involvement, and affinity sessions offered throughout the summer.
Registration for first-year student Orientation Weeks opened on May 11, 2020 at 10:00AM CDT. Students can register via their student portal. Spots are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students can register for any orientation week, assuming space availability.
Before your Orientation Week, please:
- Participate in the online Orientation Kickoff Events on Friday, June 5
- Complete the pre-advising form in your Student Portal
- Complete the New Student Technology Roadmap
- Complete any required placement assessments
During your Orientation Week, please:
- Check your Loyola email for messages from your Orientation Leader and Orientation Academic Advisor
- Participate in the Orientation Week Overview Webinar on Monday at 3:00PM CT
- Participate in that week's LUC Resource Webinar on Tuesday and Wednesday at 4:00PM CT
- Participate in your Small Group Discussion with an Orientation Leader and other incoming first-year students on Zoom on Thursday or Friday
|2020 First-Year Online Orientation Weeks*|
|June 29-July 3||No Small Group Discussions on July 3|
|July 6-10*||Honors Small Group Discussions Only|
*Interdisciplinary and Business Honors Students will participate in the Honors Orientation and Academic Overview on Monday, June 8 at 4:30PM CT, and an online Orientation Small Group Discussion the week of July 6-10. Honors students do not need to register for an additional Orientation Week. Honors students and their families are encouraged participate in the online Orientation Kickoff Events and LUC Resource Webinars, as well as complete the before and after Orientation Week steps listed above and below.
After your Orientation Week, please:
- Join your OL's Facebook Group
- Engage with other new students on Instagram (@luc_fye)
- Participate in the online educational, involvement, and affinity sessions throughout the summer
Questions? If you have additional questions, or issues with registering for an orientation week, please contact us at email@example.com.
2020 Important Dates:
- First-Year Online Orientation Week Registration Begins - Monday, May 11
- Online Orientation Kickoff Events - Friday, June 5
- First-Year Online Orientation Weeks Begin - Monday, June 8
- Virtual New Student Convocation - Friday, August 21
- First Day of Fall Classes - Monday, August 24