Loyola University Chicago Orientation
Loyola University Chicago Orientation (LUCO) for first-year students is a summer-long online experience comprised of a variety of opportunities to introduce you to academic and student life at Loyola. Over the summer, you will learn about the many resources and opportunities available to you, connect with classmates, and meet with an academic advisor who will help you select your fall semester classes. Orientation Leaders (OLs) will share their Loyola Experience with you, answer your questions, and do their best to ensure your smooth transition into the Loyola community!
First-Year Orientation begins with the Welcome Session on Friday, June 4 at 3:00PM CT for all new students and their families, and continues throughout the summer, highlighted by a ongoing virtual Resource Fair and weekly LUC Resource Webinars each Tuesday at 4:00PM CT. Students, your OL will also invite you to a variety of optional online resource, involvement, and affinity sessions offered throughout the summer.
First-year students are also required to register for an Orientation Week in their Student Portal. Your O-Week includes:
|Monday||O-Week Overview Webinar||3:30PM CT|
|Tuesday||Academic Advising & Registration||9:00AM-12:00PM or 1:00-4:00PM CT|
|Tuesday||LUC Resource Webinar||4:00PM CT|
|Wed/Thurs||Small Group Discussion||10:30AM, 1:00PM, or 3:30PM|
Registration for first-year student Orientation events begins on Wednesday, May 5 at 10:00AM CT on your Student Portal. Spots are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
|2021 First-Year Orientation Weeks|
|June 28-July 1|
|July 6-8*||Honors Small Group Discussions Only|
Before your Orientation Week, please:
- Watch the virtual Welcome Session
- Complete the Advising Form in your Student Portal
- Review the New Student Technology Roadmap
- Complete any required placement assessments
- Check your Loyola email for messages from your Orientation Leader and Academic Advisor
During your Orientation Week, please participate in your:
- Orientation Week Overview Webinar on Monday at 3:30PM CT
- Group Academic Advising Appointment on Tuesday at 9:00AM or 1:00PM CT
- LUC Resource Webinar on Tuesday at 4:00PM CT
- Small Group Discussion with an Orientation Leader and other incoming first-year students on Wednesday or Thursday
After your Orientation Week, please:
- Join your OL's Facebook Group
- Engage with other new students on Instagram (@luc_fye)
- Participate in the online resource, involvement, and affinity sessions throughout the summer
*Interdisciplinary and Business Honors Students will participate in the Honors Orientation and Academic Overview in May, and an online Orientation Small Group Discussion on July 7-8. Honors students do not need to register for an additional Orientation Week. Honors students and their families are encouraged participate in the Orientation Welcome Session, Resource Fair, and LUC Resource Webinars, as well as complete the before and after Orientation Week steps listed above.
Questions? If you have additional questions, or issues with registering for an orientation week, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Important Dates:
- First-Year Online Orientation Week Registration Begins - Wednesday, May 5
- Orientation Welcome Session - Friday, June 4
- First-Year Orientation Weeks Begin - Monday, June 7
- Virtual New Student Convocation - Friday, August 27
- First Day of Fall Classes - Monday, August 30