First-Year Orientation Checklist
2020 Online Summer Orientation Roadmap:
- Register for an online Orientation Week in your Student Portal on or after May 11. Before your Orientation Week:
- Complete the Pre-Advising Form in your Student Portal
- Complete your required placement assessments at least a week before your session. Check your Student Portal to determine which placement assessments you need to complete.
- Complete the New Student Technology Roadmap
- Follow New Student Programs (@luc_fye) on Instagram
- Participate in the Online Orientation Kickoff Events on Friday, June 5
- Participate in your scheduled online Orientation Week events, including:
- Orientation Week Overview Webinar on Monday at 3:00PM CT
- LUC Resource Webinar on Tuesday and Wednesday at 4:00PM CT
- Participate in your Small Group Discussion with your OL on Zoom on Thursday or Friday
- Join your OL’s Facebook group and engage with other new students
- Look to your mailbox for a care package!
- Participate in virtual educational sessions about campus resources, involvement and affinity discussions with OLs, and #LoyolaSpirt weeks on social media throughout the summer
- Complete the CIRP Freshmen Survey (opens July 20)
- Complete the AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention Education Modules (opens July 27)
- Submit your immunization paperwork by September 2
- Move-in to your residence hall on August 19/20 or attend Commuter Con on August 21, and participate in Welcome Week activities!
- Get your campus card picture taken and pick-up your University ID
- Participate in virtual New Student Convocation on August 21
- Participate in orientation small group discussion August 22 and 23 (and pick-up Loyola SWAG!)
- Start classes, including UNIV 101 on August 24
Parents and Family Members
Please refer to our Parents and Guests site for your own concurrent, optional online orientation program.
New Student Program Fee
Orientation is funded by the New Student Program Fee. The reduced fee for the 2020-21 academic year is $250 for first-year students. This fee includes all orientation program materials and supports first-year seminars (UNIV 101/102/201), the First-Year Text program, New Student Convocation, and other programs and services for new students. The New Student Program Fee is applied directly to your tuition account and automatically included in your first bill. For more information about this and other University fees, please visit the Office of the Bursar's Billing Information page.