Loyola University Chicago Orientation
Loyola University Chicago Orientation (LUCO) for first-year students is a summer-long online experience comprised of a variety of opportunities to introduce you to academic and student life at Loyola. Over the summer, you will learn about the many resources and opportunities available to you, connect with classmates, and meet with an academic advisor who will help you select your fall semester classes. Orientation Leaders (OLs) will share their Loyola Experience with you, answer your questions, and do their best to ensure your smooth transition into the Loyola community!
First-Year Orientation begins with the Welcome Session on Friday, June 4 at 3:00PM CT for all new students and their families, and continues throughout the summer, highlighted by a ongoing virtual Resource Fair and weekly LUC Resource Webinars each Tuesday at 4:00PM CT. Students, your OL will also invite you to a variety of optional online resource, involvement, and affinity sessions offered throughout the summer. You might also want to come to campus for an optional Visit Day.
First-year students are required to register for their Orientation Week* events on their Student Portal. Your Orientation Week includes:
|Monday||Overview Webinar||3:30PM CT|
|Tuesday||Academic Advising & Registration||9:00AM-12:00PM or 1:00-4:00PM CT|
|Tuesday||LUC Resource Webinar||4:00PM CT|
|Wed/Thurs||Small Group Discussion||10:30AM, 1:00PM, or 3:30PM|
Registration for your required Orientation events is available on your Student Portal. Spots are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit the Orientation Portal to register for the Welcome Session and LUC Resource Webinars.
*While we recommend you participate in your Group Academic Advising Appointment and Small Group Discussion in the same week, it is not required. Though, you must participate in the Orientation Week Overview Webinar the day prior to your Group Academic Advising Appointment.
|2021 First-Year Orientation Weeks|
|June 28-July 1|
|July 6-8*||Business and Interdisciplinary Honors Week|
|July 19-22||Student-Athlete Week, open to all students|
Before your Orientation Week, please:
- Watch the virtual Welcome Session
- Complete the Advising Form on your Student Portal
- Review the New Student Technology Roadmap
- Complete any required placement assessments
- Check your Loyola email for messages from your Orientation Leader and Orientation Academic Advisor
During your Orientation Week, please participate in your:
- Orientation Week Overview Webinar on Monday at 3:30PM CT
- Group Academic Advising Appointment on Tuesday at 9:00AM or 1:00PM CT
- LUC Resource Webinar on Tuesday at 4:00PM CT
- Small Group Discussion with an Orientation Leader and other incoming first-year students on Wednesday or Thursday
After your Orientation Week, please:
- Join your OL's GroupMe
- Engage with other new students on Instagram (@luc_fye)
- Participate in the online resource, involvement, and affinity sessions throughout the summer
Questions? If you have additional questions, or issues with registering for an orientation week, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Important Dates:
- Orientation Event Registration Begins - Wednesday, May 5
- Orientation Welcome Session and Virtual Resource Fair - Friday, June 4
- Orientation Weeks Begin - Monday, June 7
- Lake Shore Campus Visit Days Begin - Friday, June 11
- Virtual Resource Fair - Wednesday, July 28
- First-Year Move-in (tentative) - Wednesday, August 25 or Thursday, August 26
- New Student Convocation - Friday, August 27
- First Day of Fall Classes - Monday, August 30