Loyola University Chicago Orientation has begun!
Explore the 2020 Orientation Portal
Review the 2020 Transfer Orientation Booklet
Loyola University Chicago Orientation (LUCO) for transfer students is a summer-long online experience comprised of a variety of opportunities to introduce you to academic and student life at Loyola. Over the summer, you will learn about the many programs and services that are available to you as a Loyola student. Orientation Leaders will share their Loyola Experience with you, answer your questions, and do their best to ensure your smooth transition into the Loyola community!
There are two required components of the online transfer orientation experience:
- Participate in an online Academic Advising Appointment with an academic advisor over Zoom, and register for classes online in LOCUS. Academic Advising Appointments will be available all summer, with some available as early as May 27.
- Participate in an online Small Group Discussion with an Orientation Leader and a small group of other transfer students over Zoom to discuss transitioning to academic and student life at Loyola, and learn about additional opportunities over the summer. These 90-minute discussions will be offered July 6-10, July 20-24, and August 13-14.
Once students register for a Small Group Discussion, they will be able to register for an Academic Advising Appointment. Summer Orientation will begin with Online Orientation Kickoff Events on Friday, June 5 for all new students and their family members. Orientation will continue throughout the summer, highlighted by a weekly LUC Resource Webinar. Have an Orientation-related question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Academic Advising Appointment and Small Group Discussion scheduling opened at 10:00AM CDT on Monday, May 4, 2020. Students can register via their student portal. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
2020 Important Dates:
- Transfer Academic Advising Appointment and Small Group Discussion Scheduling Begins - Mon. May 4
- Online Orientation Kickoff Events - Friday, June 5
- LUC Resource Webinars Begin - Tuesday, June 9
- Online Transfer Small Group Discussion Sessions - July 6-10 and 20-24, and August 13-14
- Virtual New Student Convocation - Friday, August 21
- First Day of Fall Classes - Monday, August 24