Loyola University Chicago Orientation
Loyola University Chicago Orientation (LUCO) for transfer students is a summer-long online experience comprised of a variety of opportunities to introduce you to academic and student life at Loyola. Over the summer, you will learn about the many programs and services that are available to you as a Loyola student. Orientation Leaders will share their Loyola Experience with you, answer your questions, and do their best to ensure your smooth transition into the Loyola community!
Summer Orientation begins with the Welcome Session on Friday, June 4 at 3:00PM CT for all new students and their family members. Orientation programs will continue throughout the summer, highlighted by a ongoing Resource Fair and weekly LUC Resource Webinar on Tuesdays at 4:00PM CT.
There are two required components of the online transfer orientation experience for which you can register on your Student Portal:
- Academic Advising Appointment with an academic advisor from your college/school. Afterwards, you can register for classes on LOCUS. Academic Advising Appointments will be available all summer, starting May 12.
- Small Group Discussion with an Orientation Leader and a small group of other transfer students to discuss transitioning to academic and student life at Loyola, and to learn about additional opportunities over the summer. These 90-minute discussions will be available all summer, starting June 9.
Transfer Orientation Academic Advising Appointment and Small Group Discussion registration begins at 10:00AM CT on Wednesday, May 5 on your Student Portal. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
|2021 Transfer Orientation Small Group Discussion Dates|
|10:30AM-12:00PM, 1:00-2:30PM, or 3:30-5:00PM CT|
|June 30-July 1|
Before your Academic Advising Appointment, please:
- Watch the Orientation Welcome Session
- Complete the Advising Form in your Student Portal
- Review the New Student Technology Roadmap
- Complete any required placement assessments
- Check your Loyola email for messages from your Orientation Leader and Academic Advisor
During the Summer, please participate in:
- LUC Resource Webinars on Tuesdays at 4:00PM CT
- Small Group Discussion with an Orientation Leader and other incoming transfer students
- Join your OL's Facebook Group
- Engage with other new students on Instagram (@luc_fye)
- Participate in the online resource, involvement, and affinity sessions throughout the summer
2021 Important Dates:
- Transfer Orientation Academic Advising Appointment and Small Group Discussion Registration Begins - May 5
- Orientation Welcome Session - Friday, June 4
- LUC Resource Webinars begin - Tuesday, June 8
- Transfer Small Group Discussion Sessions begin - Wednesday, June 9
- New Student Convocation - Friday, August 27
- First Day of Fall Classes - Monday, August 30