Grants.gov is being migrated to the cloud. To ensure a smooth and successful transition, an extended period of downtime has been scheduled for Grants.gov.
Although the transition is expected to be completely seamless to applicants, we have compiled the following Q&A to address the primary questions and concerns of applicants regarding the migration.
Why is Grants.gov being migrated to the cloud?
Migrating Grants.gov to the cloud will provide many benefits, including:
- Fewer maintenance outages,
- Better availability and performance,
- Increased scalability, agility, and flexibility,
- Improved security,
- Providing a modern infrastructure better able to support future system enhancements, and
- Providing an overall improved user experience.
When will Grants.gov be offline?
Grants.gov will be offline during the following period:
- Grants.gov will go Offline Friday, September 23, 2022, at 12:01 AM ET.
- Grants.gov will come back Online Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 11:59 PM ET.
In case of unexpected issues or changes to the downtime schedule, we will post updates to the Grants.gov Alerts page.