Students who wish to earn a customized certificate* may complete a specialized curriculum. This curriculum must be approved by the Director and will include courses in legal research, legal ethics, and technology skills.
*Certificate applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Click here to learn more.
Custom Certificate in Paralegal Studies graduates will be able to:
- Prepare summaries of court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Develop legal arguments using court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Locate relevant legal sources from federal and state jurisdictions
- Apply paralegal and attorney code of ethics to situations typically encountered by paralegals
- Demonstrate intermediate competence using typical office software including word processing, spreadsheets, PDF’s