Students who wish to earn a customized certificate may complete a specialized curriculum. This curriculum must be approved by the Director and will include courses in legal research, legal ethics, and technology skills.
Custom Certificate in Paralegal Studies graduates will be able to:
- Prepare summaries of court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Develop legal arguments using court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Locate relevant legal sources from federal and state jurisdictions
- Apply paralegal and attorney code of ethics to situations typically encountered by paralegals
- Demonstrate intermediate competence using typical office software including word processing, spreadsheets, PDF’s