The Litigation Practice Certificate is designed to prepare students to work in civil litigation on the state and federal level. Special attention is given to the technology skills.
This program/certificate can be taken entirely online via live sessions, or in a combination of online and in-person classes.
Litigation Practice Certificate students will be able to:
- Prepare summaries of court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Develop legal arguments using court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Locate relevant legal sources from federal and state jurisdictions
- Apply paralegal and attorney code of ethics to situations typically encountered by paralegals
- Demonstrate intermediate competence using typical office software including word processing, spreadsheets, PDF’s
- Assist attorneys in preparing and presenting lawsuits
- Draft court pleadings and maintain case files and databases
- Collect and organize information through investigation and the discovery process
- Help prepare the case for trial, and often assist attorneys at trial by coordinating the case material.