The Litigation Practice Certificate is designed to prepare students to work in civil litigation on the state and federal level. Special attention is given to the technology skills.
Litigation Practice Certificate students will be able to:
- Prepare summaries of court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Develop legal arguments using court decisions, statutes, and administrative regulations.
- Locate relevant legal sources from federal and state jurisdictions
- Apply paralegal and attorney code of ethics to situations typically encountered by paralegals
- Demonstrate intermediate competence using typical office software including word processing, spreadsheets, PDF’s
- Assist attorneys in preparing and presenting lawsuits
- Draft court pleadings and maintain case files and databases
- Collect and organize information through investigation and the discovery process
- Help prepare the case for trial, and often assist attorneys at trial by coordinating the case material.