Loyola University > Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health > Faculty > Directory > Faculty Profile
Parkinson ,Applied Health Sciences
I am a Professor of Medical Physics in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Loyola University Medical Center. I am interested in education, research and clinical activities that are aimed at cancer treatment with X-rays. My main focus is state of the art treatment machine: ViewRay MRIdian which uses Magnetic Resonance Imaging to precisely target cancer cells and adapt radiation treatments to anatomical changes caused by respiration, weight gain/loss etc.
- University of Delhi, Bachelors
- University of Georgia, Ph.D.
- Fellowship: University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics, Radiology
I work in a field that combines my passion for physics and medicine with helping patients get the best care possible. I am also working with a multi-disciplinary team and involved with teaching and research.
Through the Parkinson school's graduate program in Medical Physics, I will be helping train future medical physicists. We offer a program supported by a dedicated team of diverse and talented faculty and administration.
Health care initiative that reaches everyone in need regardless of their socio-economic status
Medical physics is an exciting discipline that is aimed at diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The field is at the forefront of computer and technological innovation.
What would you tell a student about why your field is exciting/important/the potential impact s/he could make?
You will have a chance to apply your physics/math knowledge and skills to helping with diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients.
- A Meta-Analysis Comparing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention With Drug-Eluting Stents Versus Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting in Unprotected Left Main Disease Kodumuri,V.; Balasubramanian,S.; Vij,A.; Siddamsetti,S.; Sethi,A.; Khalafallah,R.; Khosla,S. The American Journal of Cardiology 2018 ;121(8):924-933
- Stereotactic Radiation for Palliation of Skull Base Recurrences of Salivary Gland Carcinomas: Implications for Tumor Targeting Siddiqui,Z. A.; Melian,E.; Sethi,A.; Prabhu,V. C.; Rusu,I.; Emami,B.; Leonetti,J. P.; Anderson,D. E. Journal of neurological surgery.Part B, Skull base 2017 ;78(1):82-88
- Local control dependence on consecutive vs. nonconsecutive fractionation in lung stereotactic body radiation therapy Alite,F.; Stang,K.; Balasubramanian,N.; Adams,W.; Shaikh,M. P.; Small,C.; Sethi,A.; Nagda,S.; Emami,B.; Harkenrider,M. M. Radiotherapy and oncology : journal of the European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology 2016 ;121(1):9-14
- SU-E-T-756: Tissue Inhomogeneity Corrections in Intra-Operative Radiotherapy Sethi,A.; Chinsky,B.; Gros,S.; Diak,A.; Roeske,J.; Emami,B.; Small,W. Medical physics 2015 ;42(6):3511
- Dosimetry of small circular fields for 6-MeV electron beams. Xu,M. M.; Sethi,A.; Glasgow,G. P. Medical Dosimetry 2009 ;34(1):51-56
- Correlation of PET standard uptake value and CT window-level thresholds for target delineation in CT-based radiation treatment planning. Hong,R.; Halama,J.; Bova,D.; Sethi,A.; Emami,B. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2007 ;67(3):720-726
- Comparison of ionization chambers of various volumes for IMRT absolute dose verification Leybovich,L. B.; Sethi,A.; Dogan,N. Medical physics 2003 ;30(2):119-123
- Assessment of different IMRT boost delivery methods on target coverage and normal-tissue sparing. Dogan,N.; King,S.; Emami,B.; Mohideen,N.; Mirkovic,N.; Leybovich,L. B.; Sethi,A. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2003 ;57(5):1480-1491
- Automatic feathering of split fields for step-and-shoot intensity modulated radiation therapy. Dogan,N.; Leybovich,L. B.; Sethi,A.; Emami,B. Physics in Medicine & Biology 2003 ;48(9):1133-1140
- Effectiveness of compensating filters in the presence of tissue inhomogeneities. Sethi,A.; Leybovich,L.; Dogan,N.; Glasgow,G. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics 2003 ;4(3):209-216
- Role of IMRT in reducing penile doses in dose escalation for prostate cancer. Sethi,A.; Mohideen,N.; Leybovich,L.; Mulhall,J. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2003 ;55(4):970-978
- Influence of MRI on target volume delineation and IMRT planning in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Emami,B.; Sethi,A.; Petruzzelli,G. J. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2003 ;57(2):481-488
- Refined gypsum effective attenuation coefficients for Co-60, 6 MV, 10 MV and 18 MV x-rays. Glasgow,G. P.; Dogan,N.; Sethi,A.; Stanton,J. Physics in Medicine & Biology 2003 ;48(1):63-71
- Improvement of dose distributions in abutment regions of intensity modulated radiation therapy and electron fields Dogan,N.; Leybovich,L. B.; Sethi,A.; Emami,B. Medical physics 2002 ;29(1):38-44
- Improvement of treatment plans developed with intensity-modulated radiation therapy for concave-shaped head and neck tumors Dogan,N.; Leybovich,L. B.; King,S.; Sethi,A.; Emami,B. Radiology 2002 ;223(1):57-64
- An immobilization and localization technique for SRT and IMRT of intracranial tumors Leybovich,L. B.; Sethi,A.; Dogan,N.; Melian,E.; Krasin,M.; Emami,B. Journal of applied clinical medical physics / American College of Medical Physics 2002 ;3(4):317-322
- Matching tomographic IMRT fields with static photon fields Sethi,A.; Leybovich,L.; Dogan,N.; Emami,B. Medical physics 2001 ;28(12):2459-2465
- Improvement of tomographic intensity modulated radiotherapy dose distributions using periodic shifting of arc abutment regions Leybovich,L. B.; Dogan,N.; Sethi,A.; Krasin,M. J.; Emami,B. Medical physics 2000 ;27(7):1610-1616
- A modified method of planning and delivery for dynamic multileaf collimator intensity-modulated radiation therapy Dogan,N.; Leybovich,L. B.; Sethi,A.; Krasin,M.; Emami,B. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2000 ;47(1):241-245