Loyola University > Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health > Faculty > Directory > Faculty Profile
Parkinson ,Applied Health Sciences
Dr. DeChristopher is a Pathologist at Loyola University Medical Center and a Professor of Pathology and Medicine in the Stritch School of Medicine. He practices laboratory medicine and specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases of blood, including transfusion medicine.
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, M.D.
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Bachelors
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Masters
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Ph.D.
- Medical School: Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Residency: Michael Reese Hospital, Pathology: Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- A Strategy for Wellness in a Pathology Residency Program: Enhancing Chances of Success During an Epidemic of Burnout. Saint Martin, MC; DeChristopher, PJ; Sweeney, RP Academic pathology 2019 ;6
- ABO blood group and procoagulant factors: the hypercoagulation hypothesis ABO and Procoagulant Factors. Lai, A; Jeske, W; Habeeb, O; Mooney, S; Levin, S; DeChristopher, PJ; Glynn, LA; Muraskas, JK Pediatric Research 2019 ;86(3)
- The association between AB blood group and neonatal disease. McMahon, KE; Habeeb, O; Bautista, GM; Levin, S; DeChristopher, PJ; Glynn, LA; Jeske, W; Muraskas, JK Journal of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine 2018
- Investigation of Falsely Decreased Creatinine Results Observed from the Abbott I-Stat Point-of-Care Device in Use for Testing Specimens from Ambultor Oncology Patients Phillip DeChristopher 2016
- Restoration of Normal Prothrombin Time/International Normalized Ratio With Fresh Frozen Plasma in Hypocoagulable Patients Only,A. J.,Jr; DeChristopher,P. J.; Iqal,O.; Fareed,J. Clinical and applied thrombosis/hemostasis : official journal of the International Academy of Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis 2016 ;22(1):85-91
- The relationship between reticulated platelets, intestinal alkaline phosphatase, and necrotizing enterocolitis Kampanatkosol,R.; Thomson,T.; Habeeb,O.; Glynn,L.; Dechristopher,P. J.; Yong,S.; Jeske,W.; Maheshwari,A.; Muraskas,J. Journal of pediatric surgery 2014 ;49(2):273-276
- Compositional differences in commercially available prothrombin complex concentrates. Sadeghi, N; Kahn, D; Sayed, D; Hoppenstadt, D; Jeske, W; Harenberg, J; Dechristopher, P; Fareed, J Clinical and applied thrombosis/hemostasis : official journal of the International Academy of Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis 2014 ;20(3)
- Use of therapeutic plasma exchange in the burn unit: a review of the literature Mosier,M. J.; Dechristopher,P. J.; Gamelli,R. L. Journal of Burn Care & Research 2013 ;34(3):289-298
- Decreased survival in necrotizing enterocolitis is significantly associated with neonatal and maternal blood group: the AB isoagglutinin hypothesis Thomson,T.; Habeeb,O.; DeChristopher,P. J.; Glynn,L.; Yong,S.; Muraskas,J. Journal of Perinatology 2012 ;32(8):626-630
- Massive transfusion protocols for patients with substantial hemorrhage Anderson,D. J.; Burns,C. D.; DeChristopher,P. J.; Waxman,D. A. Transfusion medicine reviews 2012 ;26(2):186-7; reply 187
- Induction of specific T cell immunity in patients with prostate cancer by vaccination with PSA146-154 peptide Perambakam,S.; Hallmeyer,S.; Reddy,S.; Mahmud,N.; Bressler,L.; DeChristopher,P.; Mahmud,D.; Nunez,R.; Sosman,J. A.; Peace,D. J. Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII 2006 ;55(9):1033-1042
- Highly successful living donor kidney transplantation after conversion to negative of a previously positive flow-cytometry cross-match by pretransplant plasmapheresis. Thielke,J.; DeChristopher,P. J.; Sankary,H.; Oberholzer,J.; Testa,G.; Benedetti,E. Transplantation proceedings 2005 ;37(2):643-644
- Severe hemolytic anemia due to passenger lymphocytes after living-related bowel transplant. Panaro,F.; DeChristopher,P. J.; Rondelli,D.; Testa,G.; Sankary,H.; Popescu,M.; Benedetti,E. Clinical transplantation 2004 ;18(3):332-335
- Control of melanoma morphogenesis, endothelial survival, and perfusion by extracellular matrix Maniotis,A. J.; Chen,X.; Garcia,C.; DeChristopher,P. J.; Wu,D.; Pe'er,J.; Folberg,R. Laboratory investigation; a journal of technical methods and pathology 2002 ;82(8):1031-1043