Loyola University > Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health > Faculty > Directory > Faculty Profile
Health Informatics and Data Science
Nursing ,Health Systems and Adult Health Nursing
My research focuses on the value of nursing practice to solve clinical problems.
- Michigan State University, Masters
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Ph.D.
- Western Michigan University, Bachelors
Nursing informatics was a new field and there was no one on faculty who could teach the content. I attended conferences and did a lot of reading to get up to speed.
I think it is great to work with such a diverse group of interdisciplinary scholars. We are studying complex societal problems in a collaborative manner.
Health services is a very broad group of various academic specialties that work together to improve health care outcomes.
Health care and public health are on the forefront during the COVID pandemic. Science will help to solve the issues facing our country.
What would you tell a student about why your field is exciting/important/the potential impact s/he could make?
You can be part of the solution.
- Effectiveness of using a simulation combined with online learning approach to develop discharge teaching skills. Weiss, ME; Piacentine, LB; Candela, L; Bobay, KL Nurse education in practice 2021 ;52
- Nonlinear association of nurse staffing and readmissions uncovered in machine learning analysis. Yakusheva, O; Bang, JT; Hughes, RG; Bobay, KL; Costa, L; Weiss, ME HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH 2021
- Reducing Cardiac Telemetry Nuisance Alarms Through Evidence-Based Interventions. Karapas, ET; Bobay, K Journal of nursing care quality 2021
- Effectiveness of home health care in reducing return to hospital: Evidence from a multi-hospital study in the US. Siclovan, DM; Bang, JT; Yakusheva, O; Hamilton, M; Bobay, KL; Costa, LL; Hughes, RG; Miles, J; Bahr, SJ; Weiss, ME International journal of nursing studies 2021 ;119
- Using the consolidated framework for implementation research to evaluate clinical trials: An example from multisite nursing research. Costa, LL; Bobay, K; Hughes, R; Bahr, SJ; Siclovan, D; Nuccio, S; Weiss, M Nursing outlook 2020
- Clinical Nurses' Perspectives on Discharge Practice Changes from Participating in a Translational Research Study. Bobay, KL; Conway-Phillips, R; Hughes, RG; Costa, L; Bahr, SJ; Siclovan, D; Nuccio, S; Weiss, M Journal of nursing management 2020
- Individual Nurse Productivity in Preparing Patients for Discharge Is Associated With Patient Likelihood of 30-Day Return to Hospital. Yakusheva, O; Weiss, ME; Bobay, KL; Costa, L; Hughes, RG; Hamilton, M; Bang, J; Buerhaus, PI Medical care 2019 ;57(9)
- Variability in catheter-associated asymptomatic bacteriuria rates among individual nurses in intensive care units: An observational cross-sectional study. Yakusheva, O; Costa, DK; Bobay, KL; Parada, JP; Weiss, ME PLoS ONE 2019 ;14(7)
- Effect of Implementing Discharge Readiness Assessment in Adult Medical-Surgical Units on 30-Day Return to Hospital: The READI Randomized Clinical Trial. Weiss, ME; Yakusheva, O; Bobay, KL; Costa, L; Hughes, RG; Nuccio, S; Hamilton, M; Bahr, S; Siclovan, D; Bang, J JAMA network open 2019 ;2(1)
- Aligning Evidence-Based Practice With Translational Research: Opportunities for Clinical Practice Research. Weiss, ME; Bobay, KL; Johantgen, M; Shirey, MR The Journal of nursing administration 2018 ;48(9)
- Validation of the Registered Nurse Assessment of Readiness for Hospital Discharge Scale. Bobay, KL; Weiss, ME; Oswald, D; Yakusheva, O Nursing research 2018 ;67(4)
- Interprofessional Health Team Communication About Hospital Discharge: An Implementation Science Evaluation Study Bahr,S. J.; Siclovan,D. M.; Opper,K.; Beiler,J.; Bobay,K. L.; Weiss,M. E. Journal of nursing care quality 2017 ;32(4):285-292
- Interprofessional Health Team Communication About Hospital Discharge: An Implementation Science Evaluation Study Bahr,S. J.; Siclovan,D. M.; Opper,K.; Beiler,J.; Bobay,K. L.; Weiss,M. E. Journal of nursing care quality 2016
- Comparison of nurse staffing based on changes in unit-level workload associated with patient churn Hughes,R. G.; Bobay,K. L.; Jolly,N. A.; Suby,C. Journal of nursing management 2015 ;23(3):390-400
- Models of Discharge Care in Magnet(R) Hospitals Bobay,K.; Bahr,S. J.; Weiss,M. E.; Hughes,R.; Costa,L. The Journal of nursing administration 2015 ;45(10):485-491
- A Model for Hospital Discharge Preparation: From Case Management to Care Transition Weiss,M. E.; Bobay,K. L.; Bahr,S. J.; Costa,L.; Hughes,R. G.; Holland,D. E. The Journal of nursing administration 2015 ;45(12):606-614
- Validation of patient and nurse short forms of the Readiness for Hospital Discharge Scale and their relationship to return to the hospital Weiss,M. E.; Costa,L. L.; Yakusheva,O.; Bobay,K. L. HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH 2014 ;49(1):304-317
- Quality Improvement Project: analysis of efficiency of current order set for the diagnostic workup used to evaluate neurogenic stress myocardium in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage Miller Niklasch,D.; Bobay,K. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners 2013 ;25(6):314-319
- Nurse Continuity at Discharge and Return to Hospital. Bahr, SJ; Bang, J; Yakusheva, O; Bobay, KL; Krejci, J; Costa, L; Hughes, RG; Hamilton, M; Siclovan, DM; Weiss, ME Nursing research ;69(3)