Loyola University > Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health > Faculty > Directory > Faculty Profile
Parkinson ,Applied Health Sciences
I am a board certified medical physicist with clinical expertise in MRI-guided and precision radiation therapy. My research specialty is modeling radiation damage to DNA in treating cancer.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Masters
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Ph.D.
- Residency: Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Medical Physics
Once I found out about the existence of medical physics I was passionate to get started. I love the sciences, collaborating across disciplines, and being involved in patient care.
What would you tell a student about why your field is exciting/important/the potential impact s/he could make?
Medical physics covers a broad scope of advanced technologies essential for patient care in diagnostic imaging and radiation therapy, and the field is constantly evolving. Emergent technologies continue to push the possibilities of better therapeutics, and physicists are essential to their safe and effective implementation.
- Validating Modern NRG Oncology Pelvic Nodal and GFRU Prostate Bed Contouring Guidelines for Post-prostatectomy Salvage Radiation: A Secondary Analysis of the LOCATE Trial. Harmon, G; Chan, D; Lee, B; Miller, C; Gorbonos, A; Gupta, G; Quek, M; Woods, M; Savir-Baruch, B; Harkenrider, MM; Solanki, AA International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2021
- A simple dosimetric approach to spatially fractionated GRID radiation therapy using the multileaf collimator for treatment of breast cancers in the prone position Natasha Murphy, Rino Philip, Matt Wozniak, Brian Lee, Eric Donnelly, Hualin Zhang Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics 2020 ;21(11):105-114
- Dosimetric feasibility of brain stereotactic radiosurgery with a 0.35 T MRI-guided linac and comparison versus a C-arm mounted linac. Slagowski, JM; Redler, G; Malin, MJ; Cammin, J; Lobb, EC; Lee, BH; Sethi, A; Roeske, JC; Flores-Martinez, E; Stevens, T; Yenice, KM; Green, O; Mutic, S; Aydogan, B Medical physics 2020
- A cell-by-cell Monte Carlo simulation for assessing radiation-induced DNA double strand breaks Brian Lee, Chris Wang PHYSICA MEDICA 2019 ;62:140-151
- Cardiac-sparing whole lung intensity modulated radiation therapy in children with wilms tumor: final report on technique and abdominal field matching to maximize normal tissue protection John Kalapurakal, Brian Lee, Jonathan Bautista, Cynthia Rigsby, Irene Helenowski, Mahesh Gopalakrishnan Practical radiation oncology 2019 ;9(1):e62-e73
- Clinical implementation, logistics and workflow guide for MRI image based interstitial HDR brachytherapy for gynecological cancers Hualin Zhang, Eric Donnelly, Jonathan Strauss, Zhuang Kang, Mahesh Gopalakrishnan, Plato Lee, Gocha Khelashvili, Chithra Nair, Brian Lee, Vythialingam Sathiaseelan Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics 2019 ;20(11):37-49