Loyola University > Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health > Faculty > Directory > Faculty Profile
Parkinson ,Applied Health Sciences
I have over 30 years of experience in teaching nuclear medicine physics to nuclear medicine and radiology residents and technologists. I have participated and developed nuclear medicine physics courses at the SNMMI, SNMMI Central Chapter, and the AAPM annual meetings. My major interest is quality control in the clinic, and I have published many articles and given many lectures on the topic.
- University of Arkansas, Little Rock, Bachelors
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, Bachelors
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Masters
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Ph.D.
Medical physics offered me to obtain advanced degree beyond technologist in nuclear medicine.
Excited about teaching new students taking up the discipline of medical physics.
- Managing Written Directives: A Software Solution to Streamline Workflow Wagner,R. H.; Savir-Baruch,B.; Gabriel,M. S.; Halama,J.; Bova,D. Journal of nuclear medicine technology 2017
- Proof of Concept: Design and Initial Evaluation of a Device to Measure Gastrointestinal Transit Time Wagner,R. H.; Savir-Baruch,B.; Halama,J. R.; Venu,M.; Gabriel,M. S.; Bova,D. Journal of nuclear medicine technology 2017 ;45(3):230-235
- Effect of silicone gluteal implant on bone mineral density evaluation by DXA scan. Hassan,A.; Grady,E.; Ringelstein,J.; Halama,J. R.; Mazhari,A.; Friedman,N. C. Journal of Clinical Densitometry 2012 ;15(1):124-128
- Correlation of PET standard uptake value and CT window-level thresholds for target delineation in CT-based radiation treatment planning. Hong,R.; Halama,J.; Bova,D.; Sethi,A.; Emami,B. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2007 ;67(3):720-726
- AAPM Task Group 108: PET and PET/CT shielding requirements Madsen,M. T.; Anderson,J. A.; Halama,J. R.; Kleck,J.; Simpkin,D. J.; Votaw,J. R.; Wendt,R. E.,3rd; Williams,L. E.; Yester,M. V. Medical physics 2006 ;33(1):4-15
- Evaluation of computer-aided instruction in the medical gross anatomy curriculum. McNulty,J. A.; Halama,J.; Espiritu,B. Clinical Anatomy 2004 ;17(1):73-78
- Distribution of medical school course materials through the web: addressing the issue of printing through an analysis of the costs and utilization. McNulty,J. A.; Halama,J.; Espiritu,B. Journal of the Medical Library Association 2002 ;90(2):244-246
- Evaluation of Web-based computer-aided instruction in a basic science course. McNulty,J. A.; Halama,J.; Dauzvardis,M. F.; Espiritu,B. Academic Medicine 2000 ;75(1):59-65