Cudahy Science Hall reopens as the home for Loyola Physics
Cudahy Science Hall, home for the Physics Department on the Loyola Lakeshore campus since its construction in 1910, reopened in the spring '21 semester after a more than one-year closure for a complete renovation of the interior of the building. The renovations have brought exciting changes to Cudahy. All of the classrooms, labs, and offices were redesigned, and many were relocated. The physics student lounge is now located on the ground floor along with the upper-level physics labs and the machine shop. The second floor is home to two classrooms and the teaching labs for the introductory courses. This floor will have a new computer lab and 3D printer fabrication lab. The third floor has the physics office and faculty offices. The third floor now has the biophysics research lab, the computational physics research lab, and the theoretical physics workspace. The interior has a colorful design with much more natural lighting. Throughout the building, there are writable walls, accessible monitors, and study rooms for students to work together and share ideas. You can view more pictures at .