The Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program is designed to provide post-baccalaureate students with the classes necessary to apply to medical, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, optometry, podiatry, or most any other allied health professional school.
This program is tailored specifically for students who already have a bachelor’s degree, but have not completed the science courses necessary for admission to medical or health professional schools. Having completed (or attempted) more than one of the traditional pre-requisite science courses for health professional school (e.g. inorganic chemistry, biology, physics, organic chemistry) may have a negative impact on a candidate’s application. Please note that in order for your application to be reviewed by the admissions committee, your transcript(s) must note that your bachelor’s degree has been conferred.
In this program, students can take advantage of:
- Science classes (both lectures and labs) limited in size to allow for more personalized academic attention. Most lectures are not larger than 60 students and lab/discussion sections are usually limited to no more than 30 students.
- Science classes are available at times convenient for working students; during the daytime and occasionally in the evening and on the weekends.
- Early registration access.
- Individual career counseling offered by experienced professional advisors.
- Workshops, seminars, and conferences covering various issues relevant to aspiring healthcare professionals.
- Individual assistance in preparing applications for admission to medical and other allied health professional schools.
- For financial aid consideration post-baccalaureate students need to fill out the "preparatory coursework" form through Financial Aid.