Five tips for student success at Quinlan
The start of a new academic year can be nerve-wracking for first-year students, final-year students, and everyone in between. Whether you’re transitioning back to campus or joining us in the Schreiber Center for the first time, check out our five tips for success at the Quinlan School of Business.
Tips for student success
1. Read Quinlan’s newsletters
2. Get to know your instructors
Learn about your instructors’ experience and research, starting by reading their faculty profile. Your instructors can help when you're looking for jobs, internships, references, or support.
3. Use Quinlan resources
- Advising: Check LOCUS for your academic advisor. Freshmen and sophomores are advised through First and Second Year Advising. Quinlan’s Undergraduate Programs Office provides advising to transfer students, juniors, and seniors. Our Graduate Programs Office works with graduate students.
- Business Career Services: We offer comprehensive career coaching and resources to currently enrolled, degree-seeking Quinlan students and alumni. Explore all of our career services. For more information, contact quinlancareers@LUC.edu.
- Undergraduate Programs: See our Undergraduate Program Resources. For more information, contact Quinlanubus@LUC.edu.
- Graduate Programs: See our Graduate Program Resources. For more information, contact Quinlangrad@LUC.edu.
4. Join a student organization
Get more involved at Quinlan and meet other students! Undergraduates, see a full list of our undergraduate student organizations and visit LUCommunity to sign up for organizations and events. Graduates, see our full list of graduate student organizations.
5. Join Loyola Mentors
Connect with Quinlan alumni for mentoring and networking through Loyola Mentors. This powerful platform will help you navigate your career, especially as you chart your way through post-pandemic waters. Loyola Mentors is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.