The five-year BBA/MBA degree program provides focused and high-achieving undergraduate study. The program is designed for students intent upon building their resumes, skill sets, and business judgment. You'll have the chance to earn both undergraduate and graduate degrees in a compressed time frame.
- Accelerate completion of the Next Generation MBA by starting coursework as an undergraduate senior and completing it in one additional year
- Benefit from the support of accomplished faculty members and a network of distinguished alumni
What You'll Learn
- Data-driven decision making
- Communication, teamwork, and ethics
Quinlan MBA graduates use their degrees to advance in their careers, moving into management and senior leadership positions in every sector, including:
- Marketing Manager
- Business Operations Manager
- Health Services Manager
- Financial Manager
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Investment Fund Manager
- Chief Technology Officer
- Information Technology Director
Because Loyola is a member of the Jesuit network of 27 colleges and universities nationwide, our graduates can receive career services at Quinlan's Business Career Services, as well as at career centers at U.S. Jesuit colleges and universities.
All Quinlan School of Business students must complete 13 courses to develop a solid understanding of all areas of business.
- COMM 103: Business & Professional Speaking
- MATH 131 or 161: Elements of Calculus or Calculus I (students majoring in Finance are strongly encouraged to take MATH 161 instead of MATH 131)
- MGMT 341: Business Ethics
- BSAD 220: Internship and Career Preparation
- Two Writing Intensive courses, one of which must be a Quinlan course or ENGL 210
- Global Awareness. The course used to satisfy this requirement may include any course from the GIST major group including ANTH 100, 102. ASIA 101, INTS 101, LASP 101, PLSC 102, or a study abroad experience will count toward this requirement.
Business Core Curriculum
- ACCT 201: Introductory Accounting I
- ACCT 202: Introductory Accounting II
- BSAD 343: Business Analytics
- ECON 201: Principles of Economics I (Micro)
- ECON 202: Principles of Economics II (Macro)
- FINC 301: Introductory Business Finance -or- FINC 334: Principles of Corporate Finance (required for Finance majors and minors)
- ISSCM 241: Business Statistics
- INFS 247: Business Information Systems
- SCMG 332: Operations Management
- LREB 315: Law and the Regulatory Environment of Business
- MGMT 201: Managing People and Organizations
- MGMT 304: Strategic Management
- MARK 201: Principles of Marketing
Degree Requirements and Course Sequence
BBA/MBA students take a total of 12 courses for the MBA requirements.
A typical course sequence for a Loyola BBA/MBA student is as follows:
Apply by October 15 if graduating with your BBA in May. Apply by April 15 if graduating with your BBA in December.
Students take 2-3 courses per quarter and complete their degree at the end of the following summer quarter (one year).
Second Semester, Loyola Senior Year
2 MBA electives for the undergraduate major
To apply for admission and scholarship consideration, please visit the Office of Undergraduate Admission and indicate your interest in this program on your application. For more information, see the following resources: