Faculty and Staff
Title/s: Professor Emeritus
- PhD Economics, Colorado State University, 1983
- MS Sociology/Anthropology, Anthropology Concentration, Colorado State University, 1975
- BS Business Administration, Major in Marketing, Advertising Concentration, University of Arizona, 1967
- Sustainable production and consumption
- Economics and marketing as cultural belief systems
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Environmental Education Association of Illinois
- International Association of Ecological Economics
- Institutional Association for Environmental Ethics
- Association for Macromarketing
- Association for Evolutionary Economics
- Association for Social Economics
- Member, Manuscript Review Board, Journal of Managerial Issues
- Member, Manuscript Review Board, Journal of Economic Issues
- MARK 311: Consumer and Market Surveys (aka Marketing Research)
- MARK 341: Global Marketing (Rome Only)
- MARK 410: Environmental Management (MBA)
- MARK 469: Global Sustainable Consumption (Overseas Only)
- MGMT 443: Global Environmental Ethics
Sridharan, S., M. Viswanathan, C.J. Shultz, R. Benton Jr. "Introduction to a special section on Subsistence Marketplaces: Moving bottom up from Marketplace Insights to Managerial Implications." Journal of Marketing Management. (2014).
Benton Jr., R. "Teaching Environmental Ethics to MBA Students." Journal of Strategic Innovation and Sustainability. 7.3 (2012). 35-53.
Benton Jr., R. "Using Student Course Evaluations to Design Faculty Development Workshops." Academy of Educational Leadership Journal. 15.2 (2011). 41-53.
Benton, Jr., R. "Business, Ethics and the Environment: Imaging a Sustainable Future." Business Ethics Quarterly. 18.4 (2009). 567-581.