Carolyn Tang Kmet
Title/s: Senior Lecturer; Quinlan Honors Program Director
Office #: Schreiber 615
Carolyn Tang Kmet is a senior lecturer at the Quinlan School of Business at Loyola University Chicago. She teaches courses in both marketing and information systems. Her research interests include leveraging geospatial information platforms to connect local needs with local resources. Her efforts helped alleviate the PPE shortage for health care entities during the COVID pandemic, and provided a prototype by which impoverished communities could independently maximize resources. In recognition of her work, she was awarded the Mission-Driven Faculty of the Year award for 2020 and the Excellence in Graduate Teaching award in 2022. Carolyn is also director of the Quinlan Honors Program, faculty advisor for the undergraduate Women in Business organization, and a faculty affiliate with the Institute for Racial Justice.
Prior to this role, she was the CMO with All Inclusive Marketing, a full-service e-commerce agency that provides analytics, marketing and site optimization services for clients such as Southwest Vacations, Julep, and Fire Mountain Gems. Carolyn was also the director of affiliate marketing for Groupon, where she helped shape global affiliate marketing strategy. Before that, Carolyn led the client services team at ShareASale.com, a Chicago-based performance marketing tracking platform. Her industry experience also includes managing digital marketing channels at Orbitz, CollectiblesToday.com, and MyPoints.com.
Carolyn was honored with the Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award for Affiliate Manager of the Year 2010, and the New Advertiser of the Year 2011 award from Commission Junction. In 2018, Carolyn was honored with the Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Legend award for her contributions to the performance marketing industry.
Carolyn earned an M.B.A. from Loyola University Chicago, an M.S. in Journalism from Northwestern University, and a B.A. from University of California, Berkeley.
- MBA, Economics and Finance, Loyola University Chicago, 2003
- MSJ, Broadcast Journalism, Northwestern University, 1996
- BA, Interdisciplinary Studies, University of California, Berkeley, 1995
- Ethics and Profitability
- Geospatial Analysis and Disaster Recovery
- Institutional Bias
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Educational Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2011-2015
- Performance Marketing Association, Measurements and Insights Council, 2010-present
- Loyola School of Business Alumni Board, 2005-2008
- Business Information Systems (INFS 247)
- Analytical Decision Making (BHNR 343)
- Data-Driven Decision Making (ISSCM 596)
- Ethics and Data Analytics (INFS 795)
- Database Marketing Strategy (MARK 562)
- Excellence in Graduate Teaching - 2022
- Mission Driven Faculty of the Year - 2020
- Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award, Industry Legend - 2018
- Small Business Influencer Champion, Growth Category - Abe's Market, 2014
- CJ You Award, New Advertiser of the Year - Groupon, 2011
- Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award, Affiliate Manager of the Year - Groupon, 2010
- APEX Award for Magazine and Journal Writing, May/June 2007 - w/ Insight Magazine
- Best Affiliate Manager of the Year, 2007 - ABestWeb.com
- Best Affiliate Program of the Year, 2006 - CrazyForBargains.com
- President's Medallion, 2003 - Loyola University of Chicago, School of Business
Refereed Journal Articles
The Foreign Factor: International Investments and Exports Could Be the Key to Illinois’ Economic Success. Insight magazine, Summer 2015.
Influencing Tomorrow: Here’s how technology and a technologically savvy generation of up-and-comers is defining the American workforce. Insight magazine, Spring 2016.
STEM Sells. Insight magazine, Summer 2016.
Published Articles from Practical eCommerce: http://www.practicalecommerce.com/Search?q=carolyn+kmet