Faculty and Staff
Gezinus J. Hidding
Gezinus J. Hidding, joined the faculty of the Quinlan School of Business of Loyola University Chicago in 1996, after a 10-year career with Andersen Consulting (now Accenture). He was promoted (early) to Associate Professor of Information Systems in 2001, and received the School's Outstanding Teacher of the Year Graduate Programs award in 2016, Faculty Member of the Year award in 2002 and its Teaching Innovation Award in 2001. He has authored over 30 refereed publications and presented to executive audiences in the US, Europe and Japan.
Dr. Hidding is funding the Aart Bosman prize, awarded annually by the University of Groningen, the Netherlands for the best graduating student. He is Founder and Managing Member of Hidding Investment Management, LLC (2014 - present), and is Founder and CEO of You Rent It, Inc. (2001 - present). He was chairman of the Board of Directors of Verhuur.nl, an Easy2Find company, in the Netherlands (2001 - 2010). He has consulted with several (international) organizations, large and small, regarding Strategic Use of IT, Systems Development Methods, and Knowledge Management.
Dr. Hidding received his M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Information Systems from the Tepper School of Business of Carnegie Mellon University. Born and raised in the Netherlands, he received a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Econometrics from the University of Groningen.
Dr. Hidding's teaching and research interests include Management of I.T.-intensive Projects, Ignatian Pedagogy, and Fundamental Principles of Personal Investing.
- Management of I.T.-intensive projects
- Ignatian Pedagogy
- Fundamental Principles of Personal Investing
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Founder and Management Member of Hidding Investment Management, LLC (2015 – present)
- Founder and CEO of YouRentIt.com
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of verhuur.nl (2001-2010), an Easy2Find B.V. company, in the Netherlands. Member of the Boards of Advisors of Chicago-based CouponWerks (2004 - 2006), TEKChand LLC (2001 - 2004), CentraCom, Inc. (2001 - 2005), RocketCheck.com (2000 - 2002) and Eolas Development Corporation (1998 - 2000).
- Advised the (National Library of Medicine funded) IAIMS project at Loyola Medical Center regarding requirements analysis for a datawarehousing project and proposal development (2002). Advised several companies in strategic use of IT, management of I.T.-intensive projects and Knowledge Management.
- Accenture (1986-1996) Generally received "outstanding" performance reviews. Was promoted 5 times. AI/Knowledge Based systems in US and France. Conceptual leadership on multi-year program to re-engineer the firm's methodologies from all competency groups for world-wide practice.