Title/s: Adjunct Instructor
Office #: Schreiber 415A
Mr. Blumstein has had a highly successful career for almost 40 years as an auditor. His roles have included the managing audit partner role for a large international accounting firm as well as senior roles in training, mentoring and recruiting. His role as Adjunct Instructor leverages his knowledge and personal experiences to bring to life the role of a professional auditor.
Mr. Blumstein focuses his role in the classroom on helping students critically think through the judgements and actions required by a professional and licensed CPA.
- BS College of Business - Northern Illinois University - 1980 Major Accountancy/Minor Economics
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Illinois CPA Society, Board of Directors - Endowment Fund, Past Chair- Not-for-Profit Organizations Committee
- Board of Directors, Link Unlimited Scholars
- Past Member, Northern Illinois Univeristy Accountancy Advisory Council
- Initial and Past Director, Lincoln Park Zoo Planned Giving Council
- BSAD 220 - Career Development
- ACCT 311 - Auditing and Internal Control Systems
Northern Illinois University, Department of Accountancy Outstanding Alumnus
"Accountants' Relief Foundation (ARF) A not-for-profit case examining contribution receipts and disbursements", Journal Accounting Education, 2011.