|Office #:||410—1 East Pearson|
- PhD Labor and Industrial Relations, University of Illinois
- MA Labor History, University of Pittsburgh
- BA History and Philosophy, Brooklyn College, City University of New York
- Social stratification and labor markets
- Standards and norms of organizational justice
- Labor market status of older workers
- Contract administration and union steward power
- Member, National Industrial Relations Research Association
- Member, Chicago Chapter, Industrial Relations Research Association
- Member, Society for Professionals in Dispute Resolution
- Member, International Association of Feminist Economists
- Member, American Sociological Association
- Member, American Association of University Professors
- Board Member, Chicago Chapter, Industrial Relations Research Association
- HRIR 404: Human Capital Economics
- HRIR 406: History of Work in America
- HRIR 462: Labor Management Relations
- HRIR 465: Global Industrial Relations
- HRIR 493: Collective Bargaining
Simpson, Patricia. & Kaminski, M. "Women, Organizational Justice, and Union Organizing." Employee Rights and Responsibilities, 19. 1 (2007).
Simpson, Patricia. & Varma, A. "Distributive Justice Revisited: A Reconceptualization and Empirical Test." Journal of Labor Research, 27. (2006). 237-262.
Simpson, Patricia. , Ferber, M., & Rouillon, V. "The Aging Population and Social Security: Women as the Problem and as the Solution." Challenge, 49. (2006). 105-119.
Simpson, Patricia. , Varma, A., & Pichler, S. "The Impact of HR Activities on the Bottom Linethe Role of High Performance Work Systems." Management and Labor Studies, 31. (2006).
Simpson, Patricia. & Kaminksi, M. "Rising Income Inequality in a Time f Plenty: The Influence of Micro-Justice Standards and Group Membership on Macro-Justice Perceptions." Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 17. (2005).
Simpson, Patricia. & Ferber, M. "The Impact of Mandatory Privately-Managed Defined Contribution Accounts and Elderly Poverty."Proceedings of the What Public Policies for Work in a Global Era Conference, CRIMT (2007).
Presentation of Refereed Papers
Simpson, Patricia, and M. Ferber. (2007). "The Impact of Mandatory Privately-Managed Defined Contribution Accounts and Elderly Poverty." What Public Policies for Work in a Global Era Conference, CRIMT,, Montreal, Quebec.
Simpson, Patricia, M. Ferber, and V. Rouillon. (2006). "The Aging Population and Social Security: Must We Destroy Social Security to Save It?" Annual Meeting, Midwest Economics Association, Unknown, Unknown.
Simpson, Patricia, and M. Kaminski. (2006). "Gender, Organizational Justice Perceptions, and Union Organizing." Association of Employment Practices and Principles, Unknown, Unknown.
Simpson, Patricia, P. Simpson, and . Kaminski. (2006). "Women, Organizational Justice, and Union Organizing." Association of Employment Policies and Practices, Unknown, Unknown.