Faculty and Staff
Title/s: Executive Lecturer and Founding Director, Baumhart Center
Office #: Schreiber 820
Seth Green is the founding director of the Baumhart Center for Social Enterprise and Responsibility and an executive lecturer in the Quinlan School of Business. Green joined Quinlan after leading three social ventures at the forefront of fighting poverty and expanding opportunity.
Most recently, Green served as executive director of Youth & Opportunity United (Y.O.U.), a Chicagoland nonprofit that prepares low-income youth for post-secondary and life success. During his tenure, he spearheaded a three-fold expansion of Y.O.U.'s programs and he envisioned and led a $16.4 million fundraising campaign to build a new youth center and financial endowment.
Green began his career as a consultant at McKinsey and Company, where he worked with private sector clients on strategic planning and change management. A recipient of McKinsey’s Community Fellowship, he spent one year of his time at the firm supporting nonprofit clients, including the Gates Foundation and United Way.
Green is a sought after speaker on social entrepreneurship, non-profit leadership, and corporate social responsibility. He is also a frequent media contributor, having served as a guest on C-SPAN's Washington Journal, CNN, and MSNBC. For his social innovation leadership, Utne Reader named Green one of 50 “Visionaries Who Are Changing Your World.”
- JD, Yale Law School, 2007
- MSt, Humanities Division, Oxford University, 2003
- MSc, International Development Department, London School of Economics, 2002
- AB, Department of Politics, Princeton University, 2001
- Adjunct Lecturer, Harvey Kapnick Center for Business Institutions, Northwestern University, 2014-2017
- Corporate social innovation
- Nonprofit leadership
- Social entrepreneurship
Professional & Community Affiliations
- YWCA Metropolitan Chicago, Member of Impact Investing Advisory Council (2018 to Present)
- Network for Social Work Management, Chair of 30th Annual Management Conference (2018 to Present)
- Loyola Limited, Member of Council of Advisors (2018 to Present)
- Economic Club of Chicago, Member (2018 to Present)
- Americans for Informed Democracy, Board Chair (2007 to 2015) and Board Member (Present)