Faculty and Staff
Stacy Neier Beran
Title/s: Senior Ignatian Lecturer
Office #: Schreiber 428
Dr. Neier Beran began teaching in the Department of Marketing for Quinlan School of Business in 2008. Her professional background includes roles in marketing research and consumer insights for Gap Inc. and Euromonitor International. Accordingly, her classes focus on Marketing Research as an essential tool to drive effective marketing strategies. She also teaches Fundamentals of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Retailing Management, and Microenterprise Consulting. Each course offers opportunities to engage in Chicagoland business community.
- PhD, Research Methodology, School of Education, Loyola University Chicago, Dissertation: Social media and reflective thinking: a case study of generation Y business students
- MBA, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago
- BS, Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia
- BS, Marketing, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Assessment (Assessment Certification Program)
- Ignatian Pedagogy
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Marketing, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago, Fall 2013-Present
- Lecturer, Department of Marketing, Quinlan School of Business, Loyola University Chicago, Fall 2008-Spring 2013
- Adjunct Faculty, Fashion Marketing and Merchandising, Art Institutes, Fall 2007-Fall 2008
- Epistemology and Reflective Judgment
- Social Media in Pedagogy
- Research Methodology
- Design Thinking
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Chicago Fair Trade Board Member
- Rogers Park Business Alliance GROW/Progresando Board of Advisors Member
- Midwest Marketing Educational Foundation Board of Trustees (MMEF, formerly Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Education Foundation or CADMEF)
- Acero Schools Board of Directors
- MARK 201: Principles of Marketing
- MARK 310: Consumer Behavior
- MARK 311E: Marketing Research (Engaged Learning)
- MARK 360W: Retailing (Writing Intensive)
- BHNR 353: Research Practicum (Engaged Learning, Business Honors)
- MGMT 335/435: Microenterprise Consulting (Engaged Learning)
- Loyola Limited Board of Advisors
- 2019 Dean's Service Award
- 2018 Distinguished Alumni Award, School of Education
- 2018 Ignatian Pedagogy Research Grant
- Bronze Winning Case, Flowers for Dreams: A blooming experiential brand, Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers’ Workshop, October 2017
- Kolvenbach Award for Engaged Teaching, Loyola University Chicago, Spring 2017
- Bronze Award, Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers, BowTie Cause: How to Tie an IMC Plan, Fall 2016
- Outstanding Undergraduate Instructor of the Year, Quinlan School of Business 2013
- Best Market Research, Collegiate ECHO Challenge, Direct Marketing Educational Foundation, July 2013
- Gold Award, Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers, Greenola: A Brand on a Mission, Fall 2012
- Bronze Award, Jacobs & Clevenger Case Writers, ING Direct Cafes, Fall 2010
- College of Human Environmental Sciences New Professional Award, University of Missouri-Columbia, April 2010
University Media Mentions
- Moving online, but still one Quinlan community
- A toast to our graduating students
- President's Medallion Quinlan Winner: Jennifer Mulligan
- Mintel partners with Loyola to study GenZ consumer habits<
- Undergrad inspired by research class to pursue research career
- Alumni and clients bring real-world connections to marketing research course
- Announcing inQbate, a student-run integrated marketing agency
- Award-winning business case to be used nationwide in marketing classes
- Students shine in research competition
- Loyola Limited introduces InQBate: A New Student-Run Think Tank
- Award-winning business case to be used nationwide in marketing classes
- Teaching Spotlight Profile
- Course engages with Chicago’s microenterprise community
- Center For Experiential Learning Faculty Fellow Profile
- Marketing classes partner with Chicago’s famed Lights Festival
- Undergraduate honored for marketing research
- Marketing students volunteer at Chicago Ideas Week
- Student Profile: Maria Handberg
- Student Profile: Austin Tolentino
- Student Profile: Brendan Creamer
Tuncay Zayer, L. Y., Neier, S. B., Alcaide-Pulido, P. (2017). The Challenges of Using Social Media in Higher Education. Routledge.
Mc Grath, M. P., Neier, S. B. (2018). BowTie Cause: Tied to Social Enterprise. The IMC Handbook: Readings & Cases in Integrated Marketing Communications (3rd ed.). Chicago, IL: RACOM Communications.
Selected Publications and Conference Proceedings
Beran, S.N. Midwest Marketing Education Foundation (MMEF) IMC Roundtable, “An exploration of Slack’s collaboration potential in undergraduate marketing research.” (May 2018).
Zayer, L.T., Drenten, J., Beran, S. N. Midwest Marketing Education Foundation (MMEF) IMC Roundtable, “Brand storytelling: The case of Loyola and the Final Four.” (May 2018).
Beran, S. N. (2018). A macro heart for microenterprise: Enriching microenterprise communities through student consultancy. Proceedings from International Association for Research on Service-learning and Community Engagement.
Neier, S. (2017). "Flowers for Dreams: A blooming experiential brand," Marketing EDGE Summit, New Orleans, LA, October 2017.
Green, P., Haarman, S., and Neier, S. (2017). "Exploring the Gaps in Co-Educational Experiences in Community-Engaged Learning: A Theory-Building Approach for Community-Engaged Pedagogies,"17th International Association for Research on Service - Learning and Community Engagement, Galway, Ireland, September 2017.
Neier, S., Homan F., and McGrath, M. (2016). BowTie Cause: How to Tie an IMC Plan. The IMC Handbook, Readings & Cases in Integrated Marketing Communications. Racom Communications.
Neier, S., and Zayer, LT. (2015). Students’ Perceptions and Experiences of Social Media in Higher Education. Journal of Marketing Education, 37(2), 2-11.
Neier, Stacy, Linda Tuncay Zayer, and Carolyn Rivers, “Social Media as Innovation: Students’ Perceptions on the Use of Social Media Tools in Pedagogy,” working paper abstract, European Advances for Consumer Research, v.14, 2014.
Lowrey, Tina, Stacy Neier, Cele Otnes, Carolyn Rivers, Srinivas Venugopal, Madhu Viswanathan, Linda Tuncay Zayer (alphabetical order), “Using the Shopping with Consumers Technique,” European Association for Consumer Research, Barcelona, Spain, July 2013.
Neier, Stacy and Linda Tuncay Zayer, “Exploring Social Media as a Pedagogical Tool,” Chicago Association of Direct Marketing Educational Foundation IMC Roundtable, Chicago, IL, May 2013.
Neier, S. and Hassert, O. (2013). GREENOLAStyle: A brand on a mission. International Journal of Marketing Communications.
Neier, S., Tarter, B., Zahay-Blatz, D. (2012). ING Direct Cafés. The IMC Handbook, Readings & Cases in Integrated Marketing Communications. Racom Communications.
Zayer, Linda Tuncay and Stacy Neier, “An Exploration of Men’s Brand Relationships,” Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal, 14 (1) 2011, 83-104.
Neier, Stacy and Linda Tuncay, “Men’s Consumer-Brand Relationships,”European Advances in Consumer Research, working paper abstract, v.8, 2008.
Neier, Stacy, and Linda Tuncay, “Men’s Consumer-Brand Relationships,”European Association for Consumer Research, working paper poster presentation, Milan, Italy, July 2007.