Faculty and Staff
Office #: Schreiber 215
Professor Binkley’s innovation in the classroom and sport industry is allowing students to identify tomorrow’s problems with viable, innovative solutions. His research in the areas of sport data and analytics, technology, and innovation is helping bridge the gap between idea and application, thus preparing students for a data-driven sports and business world. Professor Binkley’s current research focus is in the area of sports performance analytics and sport business analytics and modeling is helping students, professionals, and coaches make sense of a fast-moving, technology-based world.
- Ph.D. Northcentral University; Education Technology and eLearning 2017
- M.S. California University of Pennsylvania; Exercise Science 2006
- B.S. Millikin University; Exercise Science, Fitness and Sport 2005
- Sports Data and Analytics
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Startups and Entrepreneurship
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Sport Media
- Sport Facility Technology and Design
Professional & Community Affiliations
- North American Society for Sport Management
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Board Member for Basketball Special Interest Group
- American College of Sports Medicine
- White Oak Library District
- Board of Trustee Member
- International Society for Technology in Education
- 320: Social Aspects of Sport Management
- 339: Sports Facility Management and Operations
- 345: Globalization of the Sport Industry
- 375: Sport Media
- 399: Selected Topics in Sport Management - Sport Analytics
“Monitoring Training Volume Using VERT”- Live Demonstration Presentation being presented at the Great Lakes Analytics in Sports Conference, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. June 21, 2018.
“Education Technology Strategies: How to Maximize Learning While Alleviating Technology Anxiety in Learners”- Presentation at the 2018 Lewis University May Institute. May, 2018
“Analytics in Sports Performance”- Presentation presented at the IMPAC 2017: INFORMS Midwest Practice of Analytics Conference, University of Notre Dame, Chicago Campus. Thursday, September 14, 2017.
“Changing the Game with Data: Building a Culture of Analytics and Innovation”- Panel Discussion Presentation Presented at the inaugural Great Lakes Analytics in Sports Conference, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. July 13, 2017.