About this conference:
Great leaders inspire great culture, and great culture inspires exceptional performance. Join us for an interactive look at how you can harness leadership and culture to make your family business a great place to work, enhance performance, and give your business a leading edge.
Any and all Family Business Center Members. We highly encourage family members to bring people involved in HR, communications or culture. If you're a Member and you'd like to bring a non-Member guest, contact us for approval.
Thursday, March 22, 2018
Location: Ritz-Carlton Chicago
Bill Plante Chair in Leadership & Media Integrity
Loyola University Chicago
Author of Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know
Director of Culture and Organization Development
No manager is perfect, but the best consistently do certain things that set them apart. In this interactive session, Jill Geisler will guide us through 13 leadership skills, values and behaviors. You'll grade yourself on each one as we go through them. Jill will provide tips and insights long the way. She'll also tap into the wisdom in the room. You'll be able to take your results home with you and develop a plan for managing yourself, so you can lead others.
- The connection of values to choices and behaviors
- A deeper understanding of key leadership skills, from communication to change management to coaching
- Practical insights into trust, motivation and inspiration
Tim will demonstrate a learning approach that will help family business leaders understand the complexities of their culture and the connection to performance improvement in an ever changing rapidly accelerated environment. He and his colleagues have developed The Culture Journey Learning Map® experience. This workshop tool combines peer learning with targeted lessons that can define and illustrate the facts of your own culture that are not widely understood. Tim will bring this very unique and effective learning experience to our March conference.
- Learn effective approaches to engage leadership in change efforts that will connect culture development and performance improvement.
- Understand how how your Family Business culture was created and the impact of generational patterns on the current culture.
- Understand the layers of culture and how to adopt methods that will create positive common language and understanding.
- Understand important aspects of the work climate that shape and reinforce the current culture.
- Understand how culture evolves and paths that increase the likelihood of shared learning and positive results with any major change effort.
- Understand how the skills and behavior of leaders at all levels must evolve for sustainable culture change or development
- Apply learnings at each step of the workshop and take away your completed participant workbook.
For more information about this event, contact Anne Smart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-915-6490.