Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA)
With its emphasis on accounting and responsible leadership, Loyola’s Master of Science in Accountancy program gives you the foundation you need to excel in today’s constantly changing regulatory environment.
Successful MSA students come from a variety of backgrounds. Many of our graduate students come from undergraduate programs in accounting and business. Others are working professionals looking to advance their careers or professionals who are considering a career change into accounting.
And because we’re located in Chicago, you'll have access to the USA’s top accounting firms—plus the hundreds of other companies based in the region.
Graduates of our master's degree in accounting have one of the highest average passing rates in Illinois on the CPA exam. In the last three years, MSA graduates have been hired by top accounting firms, including Deloitte, PwC, RSM, EY, PepsiCo, Northern Trust, Baker Tilly, Grant Thornton, and more.
Ranking and Reputation
Our graduate accounting program is ranked No. 28 in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report, 2019. Learn more about Quinlan's national rankings and reputation →
We partner with ACCA USA, which enables students to earn the internationally recognized ACCA qualification in half the time, starting while you are still in graduate school. Learn more →
MSA Program Structure
Accounting classes are held weekday evenings on Loyola's Water Tower Campus, which is conveniently located off the Red Line in the heart of Chicago, as well as online. The MSA program is on a 10-week quarter system, and you can begin the program in any quarter.
Benefits of our MSA program
- Teaches a deep and broad understanding of accounting and business through group projects, small classes, and long-lasting student-faculty relationships
- Preparation for the CPA Exam
- Promotes ethics and values in all areas of accounting and business
- Provides opportunities to better understand the international implications of accounting and business decisions
- Helps develop decision-making and problem-solving skills