MBA Essay Submission Guide
Create a Compelling Statement of Purpose
Personal essays provide insight into who you are, what has influenced your career, professional interests, and where you plan to go from here. Admission to top-ranking graduate business schools like Loyola University Chicago requires a compelling Statement of Purpose. Here are a few tips on how to write a powerful essay:
- Make a powerful personal statement: It’s your one chance to impress, but be honest. Experienced reviewers can easily spot false authenticity. Show interest and initiative, backup your ideals with real achievements or plans, display teamwork capabilities, and express a desire to learn.
- Follow a proper process: Writing an essay can mean 8–10 drafts. Be organized. Research what the school is looking for and match it to your abilities and achievements. Once you’ve written the first draft, edit for flow, structure, language, and tone. Ask family, friends, and colleagues to read your draft and give feedback. Rewrite and polish as needed.
- Go over the final draft carefully: Check for spelling, accuracy of school and program name, margins, specified length, and font readability.
Writing Essays for Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business
Your Statement of Purpose is a crucial part of Loyola’s selection process. The Statement of Purpose helps us find the right balance of students for our Graduate Programs. However, our requirements are straightforward:
- Tell us how the Quinlan School of Business at Loyola University Chicago and our focus on responsible leadership will prepare you for your future career.
- Explain why you are interested in the program you have chosen.
- Provide strong reasons why we should select you.
Your Statement of Purpose should be 2–3 pages in length and double-spaced. It may be submitted through the online application.