Tips for Preparing an Admission Package for the Quinlan School of Business
Preparing an admission application that represents you in the most positive way requires time and commitment. Having someone double check your form, resume, essay, and other submissions is extremely helpful.
Here are some tips on how to make the process more efficient:
- List out all the requirements (GMAT or GRE, application form, MBA essay, recommendations, transcripts, etc.) and a timeline to accomplish them. Check off each one as you complete it.
- Practice for GMAT or GRE. Go over each section (verbal, mathematical, analytical and writing) several times. Review previous tests as sample questions. Understand exam and test center rules. Plan to take exam early to ensure you will receive results in time.
- Begin your Statement of Purpose in advance. Planning, researching, writing, editing and reviewing takes a while and may involve several rewrites.
- Submit your application online to save time. Loyola provide an easy online format that you can save and return to as often as needed.
- Remember to include all required documentation. Your application will not be reviewed until we have official transcripts of your previous educational degrees, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and a current resume.
MBA Preparation for the Loyola Chicago Application Process
Loyola's Quinlan School of Business has a well-defined application process.
- Online applications are preferred.
- Official transcripts of previous degrees must be included except if you are a returning Loyola student.
- Statement of Purpose may be submitted online or via email.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores must come directly from the testing service.
- Resume can be submitted online or via email.
- International students may have additional language test and transcript evaluations to fulfill.
Letters of recommendation are encouraged but not required.
Should you wish to submit letters, include your recommender’s email address as part of your online application, and we will send them a personalized link to upload the letter.
- Picking an MBA Program: Which MBA is right for me?
- MBA Entrance Exams
- MBA Essay Submission Guide
- Loyola MBA Requirements