Loyola MBA Requirements
Requirements for Loyola University’s Quinlan School of Business
Admission requirements vary from one business school to another. Most recognized business schools, like Loyola University Chicago, have specific criteria. Maintaining the right balance of qualified students maximizes the overall learning experience. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), Graduate Record Examination (GRE), details of professional experience, and English language proficiency for international students are common prerequisites.
Loyola asks for:
- Resume: Work experience, awards, career growth, and goals provide valuable insight into an applicant’s managerial and leadership capabilities and ambitions. Extracurricular and service activities show initiative and community involvement.
- Statement of Purpose: We are interested in knowing your motivation for wanting an MBA or specialty master’s degree and why you have chosen our business school. We want to make sure your ethics, capabilities, standards, and vision are in line with our philosophy.
- Letters of recommendation: You can choose to include two letters of recommendation either from a professional or academic source. This sheds light on the applicant’s professional or academic experience as accomplishments, work ethics, collaborative skills, and career goals are detailed.
Meeting Requirements Takes Careful Preparation
MBA and specialty master’s requirements are not just a mere formality. Top-ranking schools such as the Quinlan School of Business screen every submission meticulously. The admission committee consists of experienced reviewers who are looking for students that are serious about advancing their careers.
Following are steps you should take when planning to submit an application for admission:
- List out all the requirements (GMAT or GRE, application form, personal essay, recommendations, transcripts, etc.) so that you don’t miss anything.
- Prepare for the GMAT or GRE, the higher your scores, the better your chances of acceptance.
- Write a compelling Statement of Purpose highlighting your professional interests, accomplishments, career plans, and learning goals.
- Consider requesting letters of recommendation from people who know you well, as they will be able to provide all the important details about your achievements and character.
- Submit your application on time. Punctuality and respect for deadlines are important parts of any management and leadership position.