Reserve Break Out Room
Schreiber Center Break Out Room Policy
The primary purpose of these rooms is to provide a place for students to engage in collaborative and cooperative study in small groups. Permanent assignment of rooms is not made to any particular academic group or social organization.
- Group study rooms are only available to Loyola University Chicago students, faculty and staff.
- Group study rooms are not available for functions such as: classes, lectures or seminars.
- Group study rooms are not soundproof; please keep your voices down out of consideration for others.
- Groups that are excessively noisy and disturb others may be asked to vacate group study rooms.
- The windows and doors in the group study rooms may not be locked, blocked or covered.
- Furnishings from other parts of the Schreiber Center may not be brought into the break out rooms.
- Cooperation and courtesy is appreciated.
Rules for reserving Break Out Rooms
- Users can reserve a break out room for up to 2 hours a day.
- The maximum number of hours an user may reserve a break out room in a given week (Mon-Sat) is 6 hours.
- Reserved rooms not occupied by members of the reserving group/individual within 10 minutes after the beginning of the reservation period may be occupied by members of any other group and/or individual needing to use a break out room.
- Break out room user(s) without reservations must leave when requested by a group or individual with proof of valid reservation.
- Rooms cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed and held at the first floor Schreiber Center Security Desk before being sent to the University’s Lost and Found.
- Furnishings from other parts of Schreiber Center may not be brought into the Break Out Rooms.
- Groups that are excessively noisy and disturb others may be asked to vacate the break out room
- Break out rooms are not soundproof; please keep your voices down out of consideration to others.
- Break out rooms are not available for functions such as: classes, lecturers or seminars.
- Please keep the break out rooms clean. If you bring food or drinks into the break out rooms, please throw away the containers into trash receptacles outside of the break out rooms and clean up any spills.