All Quinlan School of Business students must complete 13 courses to develop a solid understanding of all areas of business:
- ACCT 201: Introductory Accounting I
- ACCT 202: Introductory Accounting II
- BSAD 343: Business Analytics
- ECON 201: Principles of Economics I (Micro)
- ECON 202: Principles of Economics II (Macro)
- FINC 301: Introductory Business Finance -or- FINC 334: Principles of Corporate Finance (required for Finance majors and minors)
- ISSCM 241: Business Statistics
- INFS 247: Business Information Systems
- SCMG 332: Operations Management
- LREB 315: Law and the Regulatory Environment of Business
- MGMT 201: Managing People and Organizations
- MGMT 304: Strategic Management
- MARK 201: Principles of Marketing
For a complete list of Quinlan School of Business courses, see Course Offerings.
In addition to the Business Core, student must also complete the following Quinlan School of Business requirements:
- COMM 103: Business & Professional Speaking
- MATH 131 or 161: Elements of Calculus or Calculus I (students majoring in Finance are strongly encouraged to take MATH 161 instead of MATH 131)
- MGMT 341: Business Ethics
- BSAD 220: Internship and Career Preparation
- Two Writing Intensive courses, one of which must be a Quinlan course or ENGL 210
- Global Awareness. The course used to satisfy this requirement may include any course from the GIST major group including ANTH 100, 102. ASIA 101, INTS 101, LASP 101, PLSC 102, or a study abroad experience will count toward this requirement.
A typical course sequence for a Loyola BBA/MBA student is as follows:
Apply by October 15th if graduating with your BBA in May. Apply by April 15th if graduating with your BBA in December.
Students take 2-3 courses per quarter and complete their degree at the end of the following summer quarter (one year).
|Second Semester, Loyola Senior Year|
|2 MBA electives for the undergraduate major|