All Quinlan School of Business students must complete 13 courses to develop a solid understanding of all areas of business:
- ACCT 201: Introductory Accounting I
- ACCT 202: Introductory Accounting II
- BSAD 343: Business Analytics
- ECON 201: Principles of Economics I (Micro)
- ECON 202: Principles of Economics II (Macro)
- FINC 301: Introductory Business Finance -or- FINC 334: Principles of Corporate Finance (required for Finance majors and minors)
- ISSCM 241: Business Statistics
- INFS 247: Business Information Systems
- SCMG 332: Operations Management
- LREB 315: Law and the Regulatory Environment of Business I
- MGMT 201: Managing People and Organizations
- MGMT 304: Strategic Management
- MARK 201: Principles of Marketing
For a complete list of Quinlan School of Business courses, see Course Offerings.
In addition to the Business Core, student must also complete the following Quinlan School of Business requirements:
- COMM 103: Business & Professional Speaking
- MATH 131 or 161: Elements of Calculus or Calculus I (students majoring in Finance are strongly encouraged to take MATH 161 instead of MATH 131)
- MGMT 341: Business Ethics
- BSAD 220: Internship and Career Preparation
- Two Writing Intensive courses, one of which must be a Quinlan course or ENGL 210
- Global Awareness. The course used to satisfy this requirement may include any course from the GIST major group including ANTH 100, 102. ASIA 101, INTS 101, LASP 101, PLSC 102, or a study abroad experience will count toward this requirement.
University Core Curriculum: Loyola undergraduate students must complete University Core Curriculum, which is a "learning outcomes" approach that emphasizes the knowledge, skills, and values students obtain in their education.
Business Core Curriculum: All Quinlan School of Business students must complete the Business Core Curriculum to develop a solid understanding of all aspects of business.
BBA Accounting Major Requirements: Undergraduate students who choose to complete the accounting major must complete the 21 credit hours within the major.
BBA/MSA Requirements: BBA/MSA students must complete 12 additional courses (36 hours) beyond the BBA accounting major requirements. This includes six accounting courses (minimum five MSA-level), one graduate business ethics course, two MBA elective courses (non-accounting), and three general elective courses (MBA, MSA, and/or upper-level undergraduate accounting courses).
- Semester I: ACCT 201
- Semester II: ACCT 202
- Semester I: ACCT 303 and 328
- Semester II: ACCT 304, 311, and 341
- Semester I: ACCT 301 and 323
- Semester II: ACCT 306, 307, 308, or 345 (at least two)
Note: If you are an undergraduate accounting major, some modification of the 12-course MSA program requirement is possible if you opt for taking up to two graduate accounting classes while in your senior year. You can also double count these courses towards the undergraduate accounting major requirement.
Meet with MSA program director
BBA/MSA students must complete 12 additional courses (36 hours) beyond the BBA Accounting Major requirements. Requirements include: six accounting courses (minimum five MSA-level), one graduate business ethics course, two MBA elective courses (non-accounting), three general elective courses (MBA, MSA and/or upper-level undergraduate accounting courses. A two-course reduction is allowed if students complete nine undergraduate accounting courses (excluding ACCT 201 and 202).