The Quinlan School of Business Honors Program is a transformational experience designed to provide highly qualified and motivated Quinlan students an opportunity to deepen their mastery of business and learn from each other in a stimulating environment.
Quinlan Honors students are required to:
- Complete the Quinlan Honors curriculum
- Design and present an annual co-curricular project
- Attend and engage in our weekly Quinlan Honors seminar
Applying for the Quinlan Honors Program
Acceptance into the Quinlan Honors Program is competitive and spaces are limited.
Interested students who have been admitted to Loyola University Chicago and are majoring in business may apply prior to the beginning of their first year, sophomore, or junior years. All applicants will be communicated with regarding acceptance, non-acceptance, or waitlisting.
Incoming First-Year Students
Effective Fall 2021, Loyola University Chicago has moved to a test-optional admission policy. Prospective business students with top-tier academic performance and rigorous course loads without ACT/SAT scores are invited to apply to this competitive program.
For incoming business students with ACT/SAT scores, with an ACT 29+ or SAT 1300+ as well as a 3.6 or higher GPA are invited to apply to this competitive program.
As essay is required. All prospective students are assessed on an individual basis.
Newly admitted students must apply through their student portal at LUC.edu/portal.
First-Year Student Housing Requirement
All incoming first-year Quinlan Honors students who submit a housing application will be assigned to live with the Quinlan Honors community for their first year in Regis Hall.
Quinlan Honors students live in the same residence hall for strong pedagogical reasons.
Quinlan Honors students take Honors-only sections of the business core curriculum in all semesters. In general, Honors-only sections are smaller in size and challenge our students to think critically about the various subjects that are taught in the business core curriculum.
Six Quinlan Honors courses are required at the 200 level and 7 Quinlan Honors courses are required at the 300 level.
Quinlan Honors core curriculum:
- ACCT 201H: Introductory Accounting I
- ACCT 202H: Introductory Accounting II
- BSAD 343H: Business Analytics
- INFS 247H: Business Information Systems
- ISSCM 241H: Business Statistics
- ECON 201H: Principles of Microeconomics
- FINC 334H: Principles of Corporate Finance
- LREB 315H: Law and the Regulatory Environment of Business I
- MARK 201H: Principles of Marketing
- MGMT 201H: Managing People and Organizations
- MGMT 304H: Strategic Management
- MGMT 341H: Ethics in Business
- SCMG 332H: Operations Management
Quinlan Honors students also take some Honors-only sections of the non-core business curriculum such as:
- BHNR 338: Business Management: A Global and Social Perspective
- BHNR 343: Integrated Analytical Decision Making
- BHNR 353: Research Practicum
Quinlan Honors students are required to take either BHNR 343 or BHNR 353.
Each class is only offered one term per academic year, as follows:
|ACCT 201H||ACCT 202H|
|BHNR 338||BHNR 343 (offered every other year, beginning with Spring 2022)|
|BHNR 353||FINC 334H|
|BSAD 343H||ISSCM 241H|
|ECON 201H||MARK 201H|
|INFS 247H||MGMT 304H|
|LREB 315H||MGMT 341H|
|MARK 201H (will move to Spring Semester only after Spring 2022)|
Study abroad for one semester is encouraged but not required.
Each year, Quinlan Honors students are required to complete a co-curricular project in the areas of research, service, and leadership. This annual project is presented at the end of year to all Quinlan Honors students and submitted to the program director.
Every Thursday, the Quinlan Honors community comes together for a weekly seminar. Seminar includes senior-level guest speakers from the Chicago business and nonprofit communities, service projects, and occasional social activities.
To graduate in the Quinlan Honors program, you must complete ALL program requirements and have a 3.5 GPA at the end of the four years.
Acceptance into the Quinlan Honors Program is competitive and spaces are limited. Interested students who have been admitted to Loyola University Chicago may apply prior to the beginning of their first year, sophomore, or junior years. All applicants will be communicated with regarding acceptance, non-acceptance, or waitlisting.
- Rising sophomores and higher are encouraged to apply.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.6 out of 4.0 and at least 60 credit hours left in your degree. No applicants are accepted after the beginning of their junior year.
- All non-incoming first years who apply must review course planning with Quinlan Advising. To schedule an appointment, email QuinlanUBUS@luc.edu.
- If you meet the above criteria, please email the Quinlan Honors Program Director Amy Kyhos at akyhos@LUC.edu for an application.
- An interview may be required.
Contact the Program Director
Quinlan Honors Program Director
In addition to Quinlan Honors, several Quinlan departments offer honors programs for majors. Learn more →